How successful was this game?

Any word on sales, rumored or official?

While it often seems like the majority of players who played this game to completion loved it, I often wonder whether the sales may have been disappointing. That would at least explain the lack of a sequel. If the game was a hit, I would think we'd at least hear something about the possibility of a sequel, even if one wasn't in the works.

Comments

• No idea, honestly. But I wouldn't say the lack of info for a S2 has something to do with sales, they didn't sign a multi season deal (which was the case with GOT and TWD) with Vertigo, so that's probably the reason why they've been quiet about a new game.

• It sold about 900k on steam

• How successful was this game?

Very.

• Wow, that sound very good to me.

Poogers555 posted: »

It sold about 900k on steam

• Damn, really? I wasn't sure if TWAU had even sold 1 million on pc/xbox/playstation. But if it sold 900k only on Steam, I'm sure it sold a lot more.

Poogers555 posted: »

It sold about 900k on steam

• While most measure success in terms of profit/units sold, how many loved the game should also be taken into account. Tons of people love the GOT series and the Walking Dead so those sold tons of units just based on that, not necessarily because it was a better game.

I know 4 people who bought GOT, 2 of my friends got so frustrated with the kneel and kiss my arse while I say and do what I want they quit and never even finished it. So out of the 5 of us who are all huge GOT fans only 2 of us actually liked it as a stand alone game, we mostly just loved GOT.

Me and only 2 of my friends bought Wolf Among us yet all 3 of us loved it more than any other Telltale games we have played, and have all played it more than once.

• I hope a lot.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.