Why is Minecraft: Story mode releasing episodes quicker

So as well all know with other Telltale games titles like Tales From the Borderlands, Game Of Thrones, The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among us e.c.t. why is Minecraft: Story mode releasing way quicker than previous games?

Comments

• Well it's easier to animate for starters, but unlike other Telltale games, they seem to have had a good part of the episodes already written beforehand. You also have to remember the younger audience Minecraft is geared towards, they aren't going to wait 3-4 months for an episode, they need it released quickly.

• With Minecraft, they are using assets that were already created in Minecraft as opposed to creating their own assets from the ground up like in Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, etc. In addition to that, as MetallicaRules said, the animations are also easier to make since Minecraft's art style is basic, and additionally, they probably don't have to hold back episodes as long to incorporate fan feedback since the story is not as nuanced as something you would find in Walking Dead or Game of Thrones, which would prevent Telltale from needing to take as much feedback on how to present certain choices.

• Won't we ever get to change color of Jesse's clothes though? I want her to be blonde and wearing purple or whatever

With Minecraft, they are using assets that were already created in Minecraft as opposed to creating their own assets from the ground up like

• Because it's a simple story, simple animations, simple dialouges. They should have drama like in TWD and TWAU, humour just gets me bored and less attracted to the story.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2015

The storyline isn't as simple as it seemed early on. The drama in Minecraft: Story Mode definitely gets pumped up starting in episode three. As Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse and Tales from the Borderlands showed, just because a game is humorous doesn't necessarily mean that you won't get moments of drama and moments of heartbreak.

Because it's a simple story, simple animations, simple dialouges. They should have drama like in TWD and TWAU, humour just gets me bored and less attracted to the story.

• So are you saying the drama is picking up in Episode 3 that we may not see Episode 4: A block and a hard place until March? or April? if Telltale goes on their word releasing episodes like they have been doing I kinda see Episode 4 coming out in February like the other users said.

Jennifer posted: »

The storyline isn't as simple as it seemed early on. The drama in Minecraft: Story Mode definitely gets pumped up starting in episode three

• edited November 2015

Could be because They had a majority of work done on the past couple of episodes compared to their other series. Using assets straight from minecraft also helps.

• What? She didn't say that at all. What does having drama in a episode have anything to do with an episode coming out later?

So are you saying the drama is picking up in Episode 3 that we may not see Episode 4: A block and a hard place until March? or April? if Tel

Sign in to comment in this discussion.