Episode 3 - Whereabouts of Ellegard/Magnus after the ending?

After what I think is the best episode of the season up to now, I still am not accepting that Ellegard/Magnus have died after the critical damage received from the Witherstorm's hit. Let me stop you right there, you must be thinking that I I should just suck it up and deal with the death. It's not that I am a person that thinks that everyone in a game like this should live the whole time, it's just that out of personal opinion I think that a character with such an importance to the story shouldn't be removed cause it causes so much emotional distress to players but at the same time it's something good because it makes a moment of realization that you never know how much you like and/or love something until you lose it. Ellegard/Magnus could even be in a coma for all we know.

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2015

I changed your title to be less spoilery. Spoilers in actual threads are fine, but for the first week or so of an episode release, please try to avoid mentioning very specific spoilers in your thread titles as not everyone may have beaten the episode yet. Thanks. :)

As for the whereabouts of those two, Telltale isn't above having important characters being vulnerable to harm. I wouldn't be surprised if they truly weren't able to help anymore.

• I really hope that they are okay cause this episode hit me straight through the feels. That part legit made me cry.

• Oh. Sorry that I made it too spoilery. Thanks though

I changed your title to be less spoilery. Spoilers in actual threads are fine, but for the first week or so of an episode release, please tr

• It's alight. Also, yeah, the ending really surprised me with Telltale going that far.

GameBox2003 posted: »

Oh. Sorry that I made it too spoilery. Thanks though

• It's just that I can't believe that something like that woud happen so early in the game. That really is something really deep. Reminds me of Lee's tragic death in the walking dead

• Try to use the 'edit' button rather than reply to your own thread, people can see it as bumping which is not cool.

But I totally agree. It really caught me off guard.

GameBox2003 posted: »

It's just that I can't believe that something like that woud happen so early in the game. That really is something really deep. Reminds me of Lee's tragic death in the walking dead

• Reference to Lukas from episode 1

• I was very surprised, too. I never fully bought the "The Witherstorm killed everybody" thing as I thought the death count would be way too high for a game aimed at a younger audience, so I was looking at this game as a funny, light-hearted adventure and hoping everybody was alive.

So when I saw the choice to pick Magnus or Ellie's armor, I was like "Better pick Ellegaard's, which looks way cooler. I mean, it is Minecraft, what's the worst that could happen?". I really didn't see it coming. Like, at all. I wasn't expecting her to die. Hell, I wasn't expecting anyone to die. Up to the very last scene, I was still hoping she would say "Shut up guys I'm not dead" or "Anyone has some bread there? It would be pretty damn useful right now". I was a little disappointed that Magnus didn't say anything to her while she was dying (I didn't watch a playthrough that had Magnus die instead yet so I don't know if Ellegaard says anything to him), I was expecting him to at least say he was sorry for the fight earlier, or anything.

For some reason, hearing Soren say "Stuff and nonsense, stuff and nonsense" hit me really hard. He really sounded like someone who is trying to comfort a dying friend. There was something about his voice, I don't know. It was really sad.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.