Why does nobody care about the female Jesse?

2»

Comments

• edited November 2015

I'm playing as female Jesse. However, I play as male Jesse in my alternate walkthrough.
    I just think Catherine Taber has a nicer voice.

• I actually picked female Jesse at first (Being a lady myself) but didn't even get the chance to hear her talk before changing to male Jesse.

I dunno what it is but I just think that male Jesse gives a more "my personal canon" kind of feel. A bit like I almost always play as a female in Dragon Age: Origins (could never finish the game as a male).

Don't get me wrong though, I always play Telltale games a certain way the first time and before all the episodes comes out. The second I play the last episode of one of their game seasons I always start planning out the next playthrough. So I definately will play as female Jesse once all the episodes are out to get the full experience.

But at the moment I just prefer the male model + "aura" or whatever you'd call it.

• I play as male Jesse only because I saw him in the trailer and I prefer to stick to the default. But I played female Jesse on my alternate play through. I don't really get why there's such a problem. They're both great. They're both Jesse. It's really just about who the player wants Jesse to be.

• edited November 2015

I think many prefer him because that's the guy we've seen in the trailers, like basically he's the main character of the game.

EDIT: Oh, and also I like to play Telltale games like I'm in the game, I'm the main character, so naturally I would pick male.

• I personally enjoyed the female version more, for several reasons, though the male version definitely has it's merits. I like them both. :)

• edited November 2015

Well, i picked the main one because he was the one that i saw on the trailers. So my feels were with him, and they still are. That's why i chose him.

EDIT: I played with the Female one on another save file.

• I feel like most people picked the male Jesse because he was the most used in the trailers. That's probably why I picked him. Also, maybe it's because people select their protagonist based off of self resemblance and I think more guys play video games than girls do.

• I picked female Jesse and I was satisfied with her performance. Might try another playthrough with male one once all the episodes are out.

• I don't think that happens much on analysis of PC gaming exclusively?

The majority of research papers end up with a fairly large male majority . Still it doesn't really matter

• Yep, I posted a link to the data in a thread in telltale talk, can't remember which though.

KCohere posted: »

Is that true? I like to think it is but half sounds like a lot.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.