TOMI- please help - graphics okay, curser moves SLOW

edited July 2009 in Game Support
I first downloaded TOMI on our desktop, but a lot of the graphics came up black and the gameplay was very slow. I now realize that our computer is probably laughably out of date. here are the specs for our desktop:
Name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
Current Display Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll
Version: 6.14.0010.5216
Date: 10/6/2003
Operating System: XP

So, I tried the demo on our laptop, which is much newer. The graphics are fine, but the curser is very jumpy and responds very slowly making gameplay quite frustrating. Here are the specs for the laptop:

Name: ATI Radeon X1200
Current Display Mode: 1280x800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Main Driver: atiumdag.dll,atiumdva.dat,atitmmxx
Version: 7.14.0010.0496
Date: 4/25/2007
Operating System: Vista

Is there any hope for me? Can I fix TOMI gameplay without spending more money on my computer (not an option right now)?

thanks for your help! (I don't know a lot about the technical end of computers, so I'd appreciate if you take that into consideration when responding.) :)

Comments

• edited July 2009
    You need to lower the graphical settings to about 3 or lower. Experiment for a while to find the best settings for your computer.
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks for the suggestion! Sorry for being clueless, but can you tell me how to do this?
  • edited July 2009
    On the main menu click on Settings, then click the right arrow twice to go to the Graphics Settings page, and try lowering the Quality using the arrows.
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks! It did help some!
  • edited July 2009
    I can't access the Graphics Settings page, when I go to Settings the only thing I see is Gameplay Settings, and nothing happens if I click on the right arrow of my keyboard :confused:
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Severus wrote: »
    I can't access the Graphics Settings page, when I go to Settings the only thing I see is Gameplay Settings, and nothing happens if I click on the right arrow of my keyboard :confused:

He meant the red arrows on the screen.
  • edited July 2009
    Oh, ok, I was reading through the rest of the post and it seems I'm not the only one getting a black background only in the menu... same thing happens in the game at the first object I pick up, I only see black. Any suggestions?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Severus wrote: »
    Oh, ok, I was reading through the rest of the post and it seems I'm not the only one getting a black background only in the menu... same thing happens in the game at the first object I pick up, I only see black. Any suggestions?
    Did you look at this thread already?
  • edited July 2009
    Oh, I hadn't seen that one yet! The only thing I haven't tried yet is updating my video card driver, I'll give it a try later. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.