Now that we're in Episode 4

Telltale should work more on the choice/consequence system. I mean C'mon this is the perfect game for this, minimal visual graphics that leave them plenty of time to think better on the plot, and a game that has absolutelly no story, so the characters are not fluential in the minecraft official game.What I'm saying to not just rely on ''saving one character or another and see him/her suffer the same fate later'' or ''saving someone for it to play a mininal role right after'' all those things that we're seing over and over again. If they want to show us that they are growing and their games want to bring something new after every release, it's the perfect time to test it on MCSM to apply what they learn on the following games that we're waiting

Comments

• I think we will get like save that person or save that other person. You know that kind of choice. Like the choice from episode 1 where we had to save Petra or Gabriel.

• I don't mean to be a downer or anything, but it would help if you checked (or had a friend check) posts like this before posting them. Improper spelling, grammar, and the like make posts like this difficult to follow. Just saying.

• It does make sense though why they did this
    its mostly targeted at kids (note: I am not saying adults will not be allowed to play it its just more of it based for teens/kids)
    and NO STORY?
    What do you mean there is a story and I am certain a lot of people enjoy it.

• No story?

Lol the wither storm is imagination

• lol I know right

No story? Lol the wither storm is imagination

• He meant that the original Minecraft has no story, meaning TellTale does not need to worry too much about conflicts.

It does make sense though why they did this its mostly targeted at kids (note: I am not saying adults will not be allowed to play it its j

• Repost:

He meant that the original Minecraft has no story, meaning TellTale does not need to worry too much about conflicts.

• Totally agree - they could have put the time saved with the graphics into really improving choice and consequence, instead of rushing the game out.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited December 2015

In some ways, I think they have definitely been experimenting with the tailored narrative concept in this series. Episode 2, for example. Although that episode is incredibly short, it's probably the most tailored episode Telltale has ever put out. The entire first half (again, even granted that it's short) is completely unique based on the final choice of episode 1. They're not simple reskins of one another, Boom Town and Redstonia are completely separate in just about every category. For all intents and purposes, I think that episode is them really trying to push the envelope in how they can tailor a branching story in more depth than before, even if that means trading runtime in exchange for doing so.

I guess while a lot of people see them as essentially rushing Minecraft, I actually think of the series as more of a test-bed for them, just tossing some new themes, mechanics and concepts at the wall to see what sticks, while also trying to refine older aspects from their previous series. Even the release window could be considered an experiment in itself. They've already shown some growth in choice liberation/tailoring with their two most recent series (I personally feel moreso in TFTBL than in GoT), so they've definitely been trying at the very least, and you can't really fault them for that.

I feel like they're trying a lot more things with Minecraft than people give them credit for. And it makes sense, since Minecraft isn't a very taxing world for them to work in/work with, what with simplistic animations and design, no real prior story/canon limiting them, and so forth.

• Really? Sorry but it kind of states this:
    , and a game that has absolutelly no story, so the characters are not fluential in the minecraft official game.
    He is really very confusing because he said "so the characters are not fluential in the minecraft game"
    The characters seem to be implying to the "a game" not "the game" the grammar is very messed up,
    plus he is commenting on this game not Minecraft if he was he'd be breaking the rules ...

*please reply with an answer I really am very confused on his GRAMMAR *

IceKane posted: »

He meant that the original Minecraft has no story, meaning TellTale does not need to worry too much about conflicts.

• I do agree with what everyone is saying that they coudk take a bit more time to improve choices but this game is firing their advertising at kids who want quick releases for episode, telltale is also trying to make this game their fastest releasing series yet (which it already has)

• I'm talking about the original minecraft, even telltale stated that unlike the other games they were working with, Minecraft was a way easier to create their own story based on the universe elements from the scratch since the original game didn't have any story or characters defined, you are free to explore the whole universe and do whatever you want

• I agree,I forgot to say how much Episode 2 surprised me when I played again. It seemed like different episodes in the beggining, Ellengard and Magnus have completelly different personalities even two intros for the episode, and later on when Gabriel/Petra appears the amount of different dialogues that we can get is amazing. I gave a positive point for that, and also I have a feelling that they are working on fixing what the people think on telltale games, offcourse, they started these choice/consequence system a few games back, so I give them some credit, but I hope they can also develop a way more their system, and not delivering the same thing over and over.

Deltino posted: »

In some ways, I think they have definitely been experimenting with the tailored narrative concept in this series. Episode 2, for example. Al

• but I hope they can also develop a way more their system, and not delivering the same thing over and over.

I truly believe that they're starting to push towards that. And despite what some people might say, it's a good thing that there's other narrative/choice-based games coming out now, like Life is Strange, because it gives Telltale more incentive to try and raise the bar higher.

Gideowl posted: »

I agree,I forgot to say how much Episode 2 surprised me when I played again. It seemed like different episodes in the beggining, Ellengard a

• I know right like how in episode 3 if you choose elagards armer (sorry can't spell for crap) she dies and I made that mistake by my own stupidity (please don't kill me)

• I agree! I wonder if they used Episode 2 to experiment at the choice outcomes and perhaps their results will come into play in TWDG:S3 and GoT:S2.

In some ways, I think they have definitely been experimenting with the tailored narrative concept in this series. Episode 2, for example. Al

• In epiosde 4 they did this really well

but I hope they can also develop a way more their system, and not delivering the same thing over and over. I truly believe that they

• Is it though? As much as i like the Wither Storm a child probably could of designed it within 5 mins

• That's sorta the point, this game is aimed at children, making it look like a child's imagination, in a game children play, and making it quick to design for children to play

Is it though? As much as i like the Wither Storm a child probably could of designed it within 5 mins

Sign in to comment in this discussion.