Stuck on 'choose character' screen and progress lost!!

When I found out about ep. 4 being released, I jumped straight on to MCSM, downloaded the game and played it until it froze on me. I force quit it using cmd+alt+esc (because I use a mac) and went back on to it, just to find out my progress had been reset to the start. I went on my backup save, and after 15 minutes or so, it froze again!! So, all my progress is gone. I try and start again. I click 'play' and it comes up with the 'choose character' screen. I click on the bottom left character (white and red male Jesse) and it fades to black. I wait 5 seconds and the 'choose character' screen reappears! Now I'm stuck with no progress and can't play the game!! Please help! If you do give useful information so I can play again, I will mention you in my MCSM Gameplay video (for proof and to see if you win, Search 'Slywolf217' in youtube.) Thanks for your time everyone! And remember, stay sly!

Comments

• (I am only a volunteer Moderator - not Telltale staff.) I don't know how to help you with your lost save file, but this Telltale Support Center article might help you with being stuck on the Character Select screen:

https://support.telltalegames.com/hc/en-us/articles/212641557-I-m-stuck-at-the-Choose-Your-Appearance-screen

If you still need further assistance, you may also try the following:

I'm Stuck At The 'Choose Your Appearance' Screen

If you are stuck on the Appearance screen, or if you do not have a Telltale Games or Minecraft: Story Mode folder in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\, you may have permission restrictions on your Documents folder.

Please open C:\Users\%USERNAME%\ and allow full user permissions for your Documents folder by following these steps:

1. Right click your Documents folder and select Properties.
    2. Click the Security tab, then click the "Advanced" button.
    3. Click "Change" next to Owner.
    4. Type your username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
    5. Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
    6. Click OK again. If you get a message saying "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?", click "Yes."
    7. Click the "Edit" button.
    8. Click on your username from the list and check "Full control" underneath it.
    9. Click OK, then click OK again.

After following these steps, you should then be able to launch the game and choose your Appearance.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.