Game crash

edited July 2009 in Game Support
The game crashes on startup and just pops a standard windows error msg. A lot of people over at the steam forums have the same problem, but no solution.

I have tried all the tips that are out there. Reinstalled game, installed directx, changed resolutions, changed color quality, tried the prop file from telltales, yelling curse words and beating my keyboard. Nothing helps

Where can I get my refund?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Miir wrote: »
    The game crashes on startup and just pops a standard windows error msg. A lot of people over at the steam forums have the same problem, but no solution. Where can I get my refund?

I had that I have to use my grampas laptop to play it
  • TimTim
    edited July 2009
    The game crashes on startup and just pops a standard windows error msg. A lot of people over at the steam forums have the same problem, but no solution. Where can I get my refund?

Which error message?
  • edited July 2009
    Tim wrote: »
    Which error message?

we have encounterd an error send dont send mesg
  • edited July 2009
    Tim wrote: »
    Which error message?

This one:

Telltale Games has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please tell Microsoft about this problem.... blablabla
  • edited July 2009
    I got the same error... but when I ran the game again, no prob. Weird. Maybe it's a Windows thingie. Upgrade your service pack or something.
  • TimTim
    edited July 2009
    This one:

Telltale Games has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please tell Microsoft about this problem.... blablabla

Fantastic, the generic Windows error message.

Are you on Windows Vista? If so, have you tried running the game in compatibility mode? Right click on the executable, Properties, Compatibility -> Set it to Windows XP.
  • edited July 2009
    No, I'm using winXP 32
This discussion has been closed.