Is this game worth buying/playing?

I loved The Walking Dead and what they did with Lee and Clementine. I loved Game of Thrones. But, in my mind, Minecraft story mode looks as if it's too childish: When you play it, do you think to yourself,"Wow, that choice was hard to make."? Is it fun? Do you get emotionaly attached to the characters?

Comments

• Imo no, I haven't got the game and won't. This is the first game of Telltale's I haven't bought since TWD S1. The graphics are meh as expected, the story is unoriginal and unappealing to me. I actually found myself sort of happy when some character died, needless to say I'm not attached to them in the slightest. Some people like it and some reserve the same judgment about it from when it was originally announced. If you're into Minecraft I'd say get it if not ehh. Either way best of luck

• edited December 2015

As someone who isn't a fan of the original minecraft or isn't even in the right demographic for this game, I've enjoyed it quite a bit. Especially after playing through episode 4, While the 2nd episode wasn't great the rest of the season has been surprisingly fantastic. I especially appreciate the gameplay variety compared to more recent Telltale games. If you want something with an intense story full of difficult decisions look elsewhere, but if your a fan of family movies from the 80's like the Goonies and just want to have a fun time I recommend at least picking up the first episode.

• Yea! I think that everyone can get in the game, you will like the characters, jesse, olivia, petra, axel, gabriel, and more! The good part is how they envolve things minecraft players may not know such as the far lands, the danger of the farlands, the aspect of the farlands, the story is really good, the bad guys that at the end help you such as Lukas and ivor

• Your right, only for playing the first episode you get involved in the series, episode 2 was kind of boring but episode 3, and 4 were very good and interesting

As someone who isn't a fan of the original minecraft or isn't even in the right demographic for this game, I've enjoyed it quite a bit. Espe

• Minecraft: Story Mode, has nothing to go with TWD, i know the graphics and all of that stuff, minecraft story mode is UNIQUE, because of its way of playing, there are good graphics because it is based on a game so the story is completly different because its minecraft, you can do what you want! thats way i recommend it

Clemenem posted: »

Imo no, I haven't got the game and won't. This is the first game of Telltale's I haven't bought since TWD S1. The graphics are meh as expect

• It depends, if you find yourself only a fan of mature games then you may want to pass, but if you just generally like Telltale, Id recommend playing it.

• Im here again, basicly this game change the way you think a tell tale game is, here they get new monsters such as the witherstorm, i dont feel it for like kids, because you can see how people die, the choices really change the game, they are very hard, if you choose him, he basicly survives or dies or gets in danger, so its very difficult choices, and you get emotionaly attached to the characters for many reasons, for their feelings, and the story basicly make attache to the characters

• While it is definitely a different experience from the other modern Telltale Games, if you put enough effort in trying it, you might enjoy it. I actually found myself a little distraught at some of the instances that characters experienced. I personally believe the choices aren't as difficult compared to the other games, but there is a few exceptions to it. I found some instance kind of fun, particularly the end of Episode 2 and intro of Episode 3, but that might just be me.

I would watch a bit of a playthrough of the first episode and see if you're willing to try it.

• edited December 2015

If your ok with a story that is family friendly, then yes. I found some choices are to make. I won't say what they are, but i found them hard. And emotional, i got emotional on "that" episode's ending. So really if your fine with mild humor and family friendly story and a block world, then i recommend you buy it. :)

1. Are you a minecraft fan?
    2. Is it on sale?

If no to both, you can probably skip this one. I've had a lot of fun with it although the story line is definitely for younger audiences. After playing all 4 episodes currently out I'm pretty attached to it now, I was pretty emotional by the end. If you are a big TTG fan, might be able to catch it on a cheap steam sale so you at least have the experience without worrying about whether or not you'll get your money's worth.

• The story and humor are a little towards the childish side, but if you don't mind that, it might be worth checking out. For what it's worth, it has a few puzzles and hub areas that are reminiscent of Season 1 in how much interaction with the game you have.

• To me, yes.

I only destroyed my self by looking at videos because I wanted the game so bad and I thought it was only on console, didn't realize the game was literally 11 cents on IOS, but you have to pay 5$ for each of the episodes, I'm still waiting for ep 5 so I can buy that too.

You can try the game for 11 cents on episode 1 to see if you like it or not, actually brings you far in the story.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.