Enough of the "no season 2" whining.

So, as a long time lurker (and sometimes poster) on this side of the forum, every 2 weeks or so a new thread pops up about how upset people are that season 2 isn't here yet, or hasn't even been announced yet. It's understandable to be frustrated that there's been very little hinting towards a season 2, especially if Wolf is one of your favorite TTG's if not already your favorite. But, I've seen a lot of people outright deny that Telltale will ever create a season 2, or have "given up" hope on them creating one (this is my main issue with the community of this forum).

The reasons people think this way.

-Telltale hasn't outright said there will be a season 2

-TWD has gotten confirmation for both of it's seasons while it was in the making

-It's been 1 and a half years since TWAU has ended

The reasons why using these points to help justify your thinking is probably the wrong thing to do.

-Telltale has hinted at a season 2, or some sort of continuation, while it is very light hinting (or could very well be nothing at all), it's important not to rule out that they have done something.

-Job has said in an interview a while back that they have no plans right now, to continue TWAU. Now this point is very important, so many people think that just because it's been a while since TWAU ended, that for some reason that means there'll be no more continuations to the series. Just because they had nothing planned then, or even right now, does NOT mean they will always have nothing planned, they could start whenever they feel like they're ready to continue on with the series.

-Sequels for many games have taken much longer than 1 and a half years to release or even be hinted at. TWD S2 is the only sequel in the modern era of TTG's that has been released, with such a small amount of data on TTG sequels, assuming that because a sequel hasn't been announced/released quickly means a sequel won't be coming is the wrong way to think.

-Let's face it, TWD is one of, if not Telltale's best selling series, it was a given for them to announce a sequel quickly in the games development, unfortunately, TWAU, while still very successful, we all know hasn't reached the same success and popularity as TWD has. Which is probably the main reason Telltale has held off for the time being on a sequel for it.

Again, I get it, it can be frustrating at times, as a much bigger TFTBL fan than TWAU fan I can see Tales going down the same path as Wolf. But the amount of threads and posts I see about "no hope for wolf s2" is getting kind of annoying at this point to be honest.

TL;DR: no more "enter image description here WAAAAAAAAHHHHH NO HOPE FOR WOLF SEEZIN 2 WAAAAAHHHHH enter image description here" pls

Comments

• edited January 2016

Green to TWAU fans who have given up hope:

enter link description here

I think we MIGHT get a sequel but it will probably be a while and we really don't need the whole "WHERE'S SEASON 2" threads all the time

• I love telltale, I just made an account just now after searching info if there will be a continuation of this game. It makes me happy to see that others are just as excited as I am to hear something new, if there was a way I can support telltale and all its projects, I would do it lovingly. I am thankful for this info, its probably old but its new to me. I can't wait for what ever happens next I bet it will be epic! What would you think will happen in the next game? Any thoughts???

• edited January 2016

Everyone at this point has moved on...
    enter link description here

• TL;DR: no more " WAAAAAAAAHHHHH NO HOPE FOR WOLF SEEZIN 2 WAAAAAHHHHH " pls

That instantly get's my like.

• Look, I want S2 as much as any of the whiners, but there's a difference between wanting something and complaining incessantly. So I totally agree with OP.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.