TWAU Real Life Mystery... help me solve it? :)

edited January 2016 in The Wolf Among Us

Hello there! So a few month ago I was buying stuff in a very well known store and I found this curious pendant and necklace. I really liked it so I purchased it, even if I had no idea where does it came from or why is there a fungi inside a capsule. This little curiosity grew up to be one of my favourites necklaces, and whenever anybody asked me about what was it, I'd make up a random story haha.
the pendant

You can imagine my surprise's face when I found this while playing the wolf among us:

Game screenshot

It was inside a box that said 'hold for B.C.W', here is the picture of the box:

box

So, here are my questions:

Who is B.C.W? I though he could be a character from fables Comic, and probably a real fable that has something to do with the encapsulated fungi and I can solve my pendant's mystery. Any kind of information regarding this mushroom will be highly appreciated.
Or was this just a random coincidence?

Thanks for reading, mundy!

Comments

• Im sure its a reference to a comic character, but I cant figure it out.

Also, Im guessing you can find that if you go to the tweedles secret room, because that's the first time I've actually seen that :P

• I always thought B.C.W could be Boy Who Cried Wolf

• Actually that's a good one, I never was able to figure out who the B.C.W. is aswell and I'm really curious

• I'll help solve the mystery once Telltale decides to make a season 2. (cries)

• Trust me, I'd force them do it if I could :(

I'll help solve the mystery once Telltale decides to make a season 2. (cries)

• Thanks for the info, and does he appear in the comic? :) Or this item? I just googled the folklore story and I didn't find any mushroom

TheFurryOne posted: »

I always thought B.C.W could be Boy Who Cried Wolf

• Yes, there are many boxes with weird content inside. It is worth to check if you enjoyed many of the little aspects of the game ;)

Poogers555 posted: »

Im sure its a reference to a comic character, but I cant figure it out. Also, Im guessing you can find that if you go to the tweedles secret room, because that's the first time I've actually seen that :P

• Not that I know of, as i've only read the first 3 volumes of the comic. It is theorized that the ginger guy encountered in episode 1 is the Boy Who Cried Wolf due to his name apparently being Cryer. As for the mushroom I have no idea where it is from.

GinaSnow posted: »

Thanks for the info, and does he appear in the comic? Or this item? I just googled the folklore story and I didn't find any mushroom

• Oh, I see. I guess I'll read all the comics to try to find something out n_n

Not that I know of, as i've only read the first 3 volumes of the comic. It is theorized that the ginger guy encountered in episode 1 is the

• Actually it was confirmed the ginger guys name is Red Herrington.

Not that I know of, as i've only read the first 3 volumes of the comic. It is theorized that the ginger guy encountered in episode 1 is the

• edited January 2016

Ok look,I tried my best in this,so here you are:

I took the picture you put above and searched for it on google and I found this site

http://www.luulla.com/product/240530/small-red-mushroom-necklace-wood-under-glass-bell-and-ribbon

Under it I found the following

enter image description here

So it really is related to Fables,most likely that Little Red Riding Hood wore it.

After that,I decided to do some farther investigation in Wikipedia,and it confirmed that it belong to The Red Hood.

Now all what is left is to know who is the Fables counterpart of her..

• Little Red Riding Hood is in the comics

ZapThroat posted: »

Ok look,I tried my best in this,so here you are: I took the picture you put above and searched for it on google and I found this site

• Wooow, thank you A LOT!! Now I like it even more hahaha.
    I really really appreciate it :)
    Will do my own research too to see why she wore it n_n

Ok look,I tried my best in this,so here you are: I took the picture you put above and searched for it on google and I found this site

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2016

So it really is related to Fables,most likely that Little Red Riding Hood wore it.
    After that,I decided to do some farther investigation in Wikipedia,and it confirmed that it belong to The Red Hood.
    Now all what is left is to know who is the Fables counterpart of her..

In Fables, she's known as Rose Red, and is the sister of Snow White.

Fables combines various comics with similar characters together, so all of the stories with a wolf or the big bad wolf became Bigby, Snow White and Snow-White and Rose-Red were combined in Snow White, and Little Red Riding Hood and Snow-White and Rose-Red were combined in Rose Red.

• Res Rose is a different character. Little Red Rodong Hood appeara in the comic also, but Snow White and Red Rose are not related at all with her

Jennifer posted: »

So it really is related to Fables,most likely that Little Red Riding Hood wore it. After that,I decided to do some farther investigation

• B.C.W. - Barbecue Chicken Wings. Solved.

• Rodong

Naming my next Skyrim character that.

Res Rose is a different character. Little Red Rodong Hood appeara in the comic also, but Snow White and Red Rose are not related at all with her

• Ah. I only got a little bit into the comic. That makes the character of Red Rose make a lot more sense now. :P

Res Rose is a different character. Little Red Rodong Hood appeara in the comic also, but Snow White and Red Rose are not related at all with her

• Yes, I was also confused at first. Bigby and Snow's relationship would have been a littlemore akward if she was the riding hood sister xD

Jennifer posted: »

Ah. I only got a little bit into the comic. That makes the character of Red Rose make a lot more sense now. :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.