Would you like it if Fables interacted more with the mundane?

I found it pretty cool in the comics when the news reporter was accusing fables of being vampires, because they'd not aged a day since the really old photo the reporter had. I really liked that little mini story line. Fables could interact with mundies without them even knowing. It'd be pretty cool if a mundie shot Bigby, then he gets back up to scare them off.

Comments

• Well, if season 2 is made, maybe Telltale can bring back Branagin, there was unused audio of her saying thing like she found 3 birth certificates for Bigby Wolf all spaced exactly 100 years apart.

• That would defeat the purpose of the mundies not knowing about them. They do live and interact with the mundies, but they have to go through such extremes to protect their identities, so if comes to a reporter getting murdered to keep their secret, Id prefer it if they did keep their secret.

• Can I hear that?

Poogers555 posted: »

Well, if season 2 is made, maybe Telltale can bring back Branagin, there was unused audio of her saying thing like she found 3 birth certificates for Bigby Wolf all spaced exactly 100 years apart.

• edited January 2016

During the storyline about the reporter Bluebeard makes a remark about another mundie who found out about fabletown sometime in the twenties and whom they were able to just make disappear due to the period, with the clear implication that there has been no other incidents like that between those two. That said, smoothing over tiny slip-ups and sudden developments in the mundie world that Fabletown has to adapt to, as well as handling mildly suspicious mundies before they actually become a problem, is probably a big part of Snow's job. I guess they could make a game about that.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fabletown earlier in the twentieth century, or even in the nineteenth. The town's isolation from the mundie world and the difficulties of the lower class must really have been exacerbated by the information computerization of the modern age, making it increasingly harder for fables to qualify for, support and maintain mundie educations and jobs. People like Beast, Grendel and Woody would have had no problem finding profitable work as industrial laborers until the seventies, for example. Well, okay, Grendel might, but mostly because of his attitude.

• edited January 2016

Yes you can.

enter link description here
    Skip to 1:14.
    There is a ton of unused audio from most of the characters.

Can I hear that?

• edited January 2016

The story was heading in a much different direction, that's why episode 2 was delayed for a couple of months, because it broke the canon. In the episode 2 picture, you can see Detective Branagin holding a gun next to Bigby, which leads me to believe the mundys had a much bigger role.

• Quick fix: It was actually the original EP3 menu screen, not EP2

enter image description here

Fat_Turt posted: »

The story was heading in a much different direction, that's why episode 2 was delayed for a couple of months, because it broke the canon. In

• Thanks.

Jacol posted: »

Quick fix: It was actually the original EP3 menu screen, not EP2

• edited January 2016

This would have been cool... I can almost pull a crude storyline from what's going on here. The no... no... no... no... no... was so creepy.

Fat_Turt posted: »

Yes you can. enter link description here Skip to 1:14. There is a ton of unused audio from most of the characters.

• Yup, I knew it, seeing this post and comments make me happy to know I was right about something, but also makes me sad about how much awesome the game could have being if they were not tight because of cannon.

I also don´t get why Branagin could not have that part in episode 3, I´m sure there´s something we don´t know, but at first look I don´t see the "breaking the cannon" in one mundie investigating the fables, while in the comicbooks mundies overall do not know about fables and they have successfully hide for centuries, there´s no specification as to how they have hide so well and if there has being an instance where they were almost caught. It would have being cool, and a little side plot wouldn´t have hurt the game at all.

PD: Also, that breathing in the audio...bad baaaad wooolff Mmmh Mmmhh

Sign in to comment in this discussion.