What really happened at the end of episode 5?

What really happened at tbeend of episode 5, who was the girl? . I didn't really get to understand what happened. please if you understood explain.

Comments

• I think Faith was dead from the start of the game and Nerrisa glamourd herself to look like her and get the attention of bigby so he can solve the case and defeat the crooked man

• hmmm... that could be possible, but if that was true then Nerissa wad not really in the story then.

• We aren't supposed to know for certain as the ending was deliberately ambiguous. But, as AquaTrez kind of touched upon, the implication was that either Faith or Nerissa had glamoured themselves as the other for the events of the entire game. The whole time throughout the entire Season, the implication is that you were only ever talking to one of the two all along, and that the other was probably dead because of the Crooked Man.

• edited February 2016

There's a couple of different theories:

1: One being that Faith was already dead and at the beginning of the game, Nerissa glamoured herself to look like Faith to gain Bigby's attention.

2: Another one being that, the head left at the doorstep of the Woodlands was actually Nerissa or a different prostitute that was glamoured to look like Faith and Nerissa is really Faith in disguise indicating that she never died to begin with.

I go with the first theory since that one makes a lot more sense to me.

• Same comment AquaTrez gave. cool.

• edited February 2016

Yeah I always believed that Faith was dead from the start and it was Nerissa impersonating her - I came to that conclusion after playing through the game about 5 times (give or take).

Hopefully we get a season 2 in 2017 and it develops the story to shed some light on these theories.

ralo229 posted: »

There's a couple of different theories: 1: One being that Faith was already dead and at the beginning of the game, Nerissa glamoured hers

• I personally think it was Faith the whole time and these are my arguments:

1. Nerissa wearing Faith's purse in EP4 - it is very likely that it was a strong hint, Faith might have overlooked that little detail and I don't feel like Nerissa would be wearing Faith's purse just because, espcially since her best friend would be dead in this scenario - it just doesn't make sense to me
    2. Nerissa and Faith's photo in Sheppard Metalworks - there is a photo which implies on the attitude of both characters with Nerissa being more passive while Faith looks more dominant and impulsive - that would fit in with the Nerissa's behavior on the trial and during the season overall (ex. hitting Woodsman in the head with his axe)
    3. These lips are sealed - in EP1 Bigby can ask the magic mirror about Faith but he will reply with the well known phrase. This means that spell is still protecting Faith and it's working, if she would be beheaded and dead for real then her ribbon would be off and spell wouldn't prevent mirror from showing her location, at least that's what I think
    4. The story of Donkeyskin - it is mentioned in the final scene of EP5 as one of the quotes from Bufkin in EP1 that she used the skin to hide her beauty so she could escape her father's kingdom and it seems like this story is sort of being translated to The Wolf Among Us - it's her MO so she used the skin (glamour) to escape the opressor's kingdom (Crooked Man and Pudding&Pie)

I might be wrong but that's my opinion on the matter, feel free to agree or disagree.

• edited February 2016

Turns out Faith was just playing a prank the entire time on Nerissa and the others. Unfortunately for Faith, she suffered an Indian burn on both her arms as punishment from a very pissed-off Holly. It was until then Nerissa took Faith to the closest ice cream store so she could drown her newfound pain in a banana split drenched in chocolate syrup. However, Bloody Mary came into the mix and knocked Faith's bowl off the table, laughing manically.

What happened next, you might ask? Lawrence came into the store, and, well, he was wearing a cape, pretending to be Faith's savior all while trying to win back her love. Faith was reluctant at the time, thinking it was a prank being played by her ex-boyfriend and the others. However, when he pulled out an engagement ring and got down on his knees, she was glad it wasn't. Soon after, he was ready to propose and said with a smile, "Will you marry me?"

She responded with a yes, all while slowly crying with tears of joy. They got married soon after in the following days.

• I'd like to know what the resolution was from the comics, as I assume that's the 'canon' answer. I looked a while back, but didn't see any information, unless I just failed at reading that day.

Regardless, I assume the head we found didn't belong to the Faith we met at the start. Been quite a while since I played though.

• i don't really know how this is linked with the question at hand....

Turns out Faith was just playing a prank the entire time on Nerissa and the others. Unfortunately for Faith, she suffered an Indian burn on

• I agree with the fact that it was faith, But what i don't understand is that the girls saw faith's head chopped off. But still she is alive... Then it means that she lied to everyone present at the wishing well, while she was still glamoured to be nerrisa...

Jacol posted: »

I personally think it was Faith the whole time and these are my arguments: * Nerissa wearing Faith's purse in EP4 - it is very likely t

• edited February 2016

I technically did answer your question at hand. It's just you probably didn't even bother using your imagination while you were reading my previous response.

i don't really know how this is linked with the question at hand....

• Probably... I'll go through it again

I technically did answer your question at hand. It's just you probably didn't even bother using your imagination while you were reading my previous response.

• edited February 2016

It was Faith all along.

She told him ''You're not as bad as everyone says you are'' at the beginning and ''Nerissa'' said the exact same thing to him at the very end.

• Yeah, i do remember that. But what if it was Nerrisa posing as Faith from the Beginning?

• I also hope so, I'll really love to understand what really happened.

VenomHD posted: »

Yeah I always believed that Faith was dead from the start and it was Nerissa impersonating her - I came to that conclusion after playing th

• There was never a Nerissa, it was Faith the whole time.

Yeah, i do remember that. But what if it was Nerrisa posing as Faith from the Beginning?

• Why is everyone discounting the possibility that Vivian is the one behind all of this. Nerissa didn't smoke huff and puffs, but at the end when you offer her a cigarette she takes it without a blink. Where as earlier she is shown denying the huff and puffs and pulls out a pack of a shorettes (spelling?). She focuses on being forgotten. Honestly, who forgets that there was a little mermaid. Who really remembers the story of Vivian and the ribbon. The only thing that sparked my recollection of ever hearing her story was actually reading about the fable in the extras menu and the in-game dialogue about it. There is much evidence pointing to the two most popular theories being that it was either Faith or Nerissa all along. But why couldn't it be Vivian attempting to take over the "underground" of Fabletown by knocking off each and every Fable that could either sell her out or remain king (the Crooked Man). That would go a long way in making people remember who she is (as opposed to being forgotten). Realizing that Telltale has a way at making us all eat our own words, I just want to make sure that this point of view could perhaps remain in discussion.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.