What did you make of the end of the Wolf Among Us Comic?

edited February 2016 in The Wolf Among Us

This isn't a post about 'where is season 2' or 'I didn't like the artwork'. I honestly wondered what other people thought. Were you satisfied? What were your thoughts?

Comments

• Can someone tell me how the comics ending? I kinda stopped reading them, I heard the crooked man kidnapped Nerissa or something

• edited February 2016

I guess the end pretty much TOLD us who was who the entire time throughout the game. I thought the comic was good in the beginning but lost its mojo in the middle. Think for me, it was around the time Mary showed up with the Tweedles outside of the Pudding n' Pie. I was looking forward to learning more about the other characters. Get a little background info on all the Fables that were mentioned, instead of the comic spending the ENTIRE LAST HALF doing it on Bloody Mary, the Crooked man and the glass baby.

I honestly wish they did something different with the final pages. I mean, the 5th episode should have gone out with a bang and instead, it was 'meh' to me, just like the ending of the comic. It was alright, don't get me wrong but it's nothing I'll probably ever read again or truly remember. The writers/artists of the comic should have taken the last few moments and made it 'WOW'. Had the comic really show what TWAU is all about. Was the ending BAD? No but it could have been better imo.

• Well since you asked, he did kidnap her at the end. It appears that Nerissa is Faith, and she's been...kidnapped back to the homelands in order to be married to the ghost of her father. Things kinda got weird.

Poogers555 posted: »

Can someone tell me how the comics ending? I kinda stopped reading them, I heard the crooked man kidnapped Nerissa or something

• Yeah, like what pudding and pie said, the comic version of wolf among us kinda started to lose its mojo so I stopped reading, it was getting kinda weird.

• That's how I felt. I was looking forward to more backstories, not more loose ends. I was intrigued by the glass baby storyline, but it led nowhere. I liked a lot of it but I felt let down personally.

pudding_pie posted: »

I guess the end pretty much TOLD us who was who the entire time throughout the game. I thought the comic was good in the beginning but lost

• It...makes no sense, yeah. Basically they were doing well, had a good story going, then decided to up the WTF meter. I'd go onto explain a little more, but it doesn't get any better XD

• True. I stayed on to see other people's backstories. Crooked Man in particular.But everyone came in via Mary's story...

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah, like what pudding and pie said, the comic version of wolf among us kinda started to lose its mojo so I stopped reading, it was getting kinda weird.

• Episode 5 of the game was actually one of my favorite episodes.

As for the comic, there were some aspects of the Silvering story that weren't entirely clear to me, but I liked the fact that the Crooked Man got away.

The game portrayed him as a crafty manipulator, but once he was caught, all he could do was try to talk his way out of the situation. He does a decent job, but in the end he loses. That's seems to imply that he was still fairly dependent on his henchmen and their muscle.

In the comic, he outwits his captors by planning ahead, and I think that makes him a better villain.

• Its cool that he remained the 'Big Bad', yes. I wasn't expecting his plan myself, made it all the more sneaky.

Gnatrat posted: »

Episode 5 of the game was actually one of my favorite episodes. As for the comic, there were some aspects of the Silvering story that wer

• To be married to the ghost of her father

teh fuk

• Don't mean to sound like an ass, but that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

• edited February 2016

I'm not the one who wrote the comic XD But it is, indeed, a dumb plot point even in context.

tintin1029 posted: »

Don't mean to sound like an ass, but that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

• lol I know you didn't write.

Wistful posted: »

I'm not the one who wrote the comic XD But it is, indeed, a dumb plot point even in context.

• The only thing I didn't like about the entire thing was making it that Nerissa was Faith. ;v I feel TWAU makes MUCH more sense with "Faith" in the beginning being Nerissa. But eh, that's what AU is for.

• Some people said that the comic is canon, but I try not to think of it that way.They changed stuff, killed off people and whatnot. I think Nerissa was meant to be Faith in the game, too, but that's a whole other debate. They still left it pretty vague. They didn't outright say it was her, but the implications of the last panel were unarguable.

fayescarlet posted: »

The only thing I didn't like about the entire thing was making it that Nerissa was Faith. ;v I feel TWAU makes MUCH more sense with "Faith" in the beginning being Nerissa. But eh, that's what AU is for.

• Agreed. I too think that Nerissa should be the one who's alive and Faith should be dead. Ending the comics with such strong implications really makes the ending worse - if you're not confirming anything, then leave it vague for the noir vibe, don't just butcher it like this after months of not knowing who is who.

fayescarlet posted: »

The only thing I didn't like about the entire thing was making it that Nerissa was Faith. ;v I feel TWAU makes MUCH more sense with "Faith" in the beginning being Nerissa. But eh, that's what AU is for.

• I find comics like these tend to go...all over the place, narrative wise. They're less 'stable' in terms of direction. It did lose a lot of the noir vibe through its execution.

armis37 posted: »

Agreed. I too think that Nerissa should be the one who's alive and Faith should be dead. Ending the comics with such strong implications rea

• I felt the comic was not entirely canon, as some of the the choices Bigby did were the "evil" choices like ripping Gren's arm off, burning the tree, or smashing up Georgie's bar. Now as to why I think Bigby would not do those, is because Bigby wants to be seen as the Sheriff and a hero of Fabletown, not a monster that the people have to watch out for and live in constant fear of.

• I don't consider comic to be canon either, simply because TWAU game came first and it's the most official version of The Wolf Among Us. Comic book is more like a non-canon recreation for those who can't handle the awesomeness of the game.

• I really disliked how they went into flashbacks at spots where the mystery was getting pretty heavy.

Wistful posted: »

I find comics like these tend to go...all over the place, narrative wise. They're less 'stable' in terms of direction. It did lose a lot of the noir vibe through its execution.

• I was hoping it would be a wrap-up and an exploration of the characters - not a huge backstory for Bloody Mary. The game was definitely better.

Jacol posted: »

I don't consider comic to be canon either, simply because TWAU game came first and it's the most official version of The Wolf Among Us. Comic book is more like a non-canon recreation for those who can't handle the awesomeness of the game.

• What do you mean cant handle the awesomeness of the game? Obviously the comic cant have branching choices. It needs to stick to one narrative.

Jacol posted: »

I don't consider comic to be canon either, simply because TWAU game came first and it's the most official version of The Wolf Among Us. Comic book is more like a non-canon recreation for those who can't handle the awesomeness of the game.

• It explored the characters more than the game did. Yes, it focused on one in particular but that doesnt mean there cant be more to come focusing on the others.

• I felt like we already explored the mystery in the game so I enjoyed the flashbacks.

I really disliked how they went into flashbacks at spots where the mystery was getting pretty heavy.

• Well, we got Grendel, Woody...then Mary came and anyone else was introduced through her. It did explore them, but I felt they missed out on some like the Crooked Man. And Georgie and Vivianne - Vivianne especially - felt rushed.

KCohere posted: »

It explored the characters more than the game did. Yes, it focused on one in particular but that doesnt mean there cant be more to come focusing on the others.

• I liked that the Crooked Man did overcome, but did not like that it pretty much confirmed Faith was alive. The Mary origin was a little too long; the AG reveal did not do much for me.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.