Cryocoffin: An interactive sci-fi and fantasy fiction.

13»

Comments

• my condolences, now I know why the game was on hold :(

TheFurryOne posted: »

The voting is closed! Winning choice: [Save Slayer] Next part release date: Hopefully next week. Reasoning for the part not being d

• Oreimo / my sister can't be this cute

Sorry for the wait, the part is halfway finished though and should be released tomorrow. Also I swear I've seen that anime character before, can't recall where from though.

• hm, this would explain why I felt his character to be hollow earlier

Fusion Part 4 Slayer was surrounded by Nocturnals. They were all in the level 20 range, whilst he was within the veteran ranks. At full h

• [Kill Freddy and avenge Oscar] This will probably get outvoted but in that situation and emotional stance this seems like the plausible decision for Casper.

Also is it just me that mixing up char/real names starts to become a bit confusing? I mean if in the game world, I would assume most names would always be the avatar ingame names.

Fusion Part 5 Freddy turned to face Slayer, an evil grin stretching from ear to ear. He ripped his greatsword from Casper’s body, allowin

• edited July 2016

Finished all the characters TFO, waiting for your reply on them. Also finished reading the story up to date.

• [Take him hostage for interrogartion]

The others already said it. He still has his use, killing him now will help no one.

Fusion Part 5 Freddy turned to face Slayer, an evil grin stretching from ear to ear. He ripped his greatsword from Casper’s body, allowin

• edited August 2016

Discussed and finished my own characters with Furry, I will post here their ingame name and theme music so people know what kind of 'flavor' they have. I won't post real names or further details because I don't know how Furry wants to handle that in the story. I submitted & discussed my chars with him via PM.

Apache
    Background Music: Butler & Hunter

Lady Elizabeth Pandora
    Background Music: Black Rose, Red Rose

Technomancer
    Background Music: Lord Technomancer

Eva
    Background Music: Digital Mischief

Z0neMa$t3R (ZoneMaster)
    Background Music: Puzzle King

That's four humans for the story.

EDIT: spoiler tags work again, somewhat

• I've decided to continue writing this once my laptop is fixed, which hopefully should be before Halloween, as I can concentrate better on it than on the family PC. I apologize for the long wait.

• I had my doubts about this continuing. Glad I was wrong.

I've decided to continue writing this once my laptop is fixed, which hopefully should be before Halloween, as I can concentrate better on it than on the family PC. I apologize for the long wait.

• Hope that story will be back for good and continued, since you said the below in your 1st sentence of main post of the story. :-)

Hello, this is my new interactive fiction that I am 100% ready to write for.

I've decided to continue writing this once my laptop is fixed, which hopefully should be before Halloween, as I can concentrate better on it than on the family PC. I apologize for the long wait.

• Awesome! I cant wait ^^

• Hopefully my laptop will be fixed by tomorrow. Sorry this has taken so long.

• So do you have an update already?

Hopefully my laptop will be fixed by tomorrow. Sorry this has taken so long.

• So do you have an update already?

Hopefully my laptop will be fixed by tomorrow. Sorry this has taken so long.

• The Glitching Sea Prologue

Casper opened his eyes. His head hurt. He felt like he had been asleep for a long time. He looked around, he was in a white, empty area, which seemed to be lacking any visible walls. It was like an endless void.

Casper swiped the area, bringing up the menu. In the inventory screen he saw himself, except instead of seeing his avatar, he saw his real life appearance. He noticed that he was much taller now, around 5 feet and nine inches tall. His hair had grown considerably, now falling down to his shoulders and covering his face. He lifted his fringe up and saw he had even more acne than before. Casper would have been repulsed at his new appearance if not for the stubble he had now grown, which Casper was proud of. He must have been out for a while. He checked the date on the corner of the menu. "8th December 2036" it read.

My birthday, I'm sixteen years old now Casper thought. He had been gone for six months.

Suddenly, another, bigger menu popped up in front of him. It was divided into several sections.

Hello, and welcome back to Cryogamer Network! We apologize for the long delay, the games have gone through a large update since June. To Magicblade Chronicles, we have added playable races! Please redesign your avatar below!

A list of the races appeared below:

Dark Elf: These grey-skinned, red-eyed elves are descendants of the Elven Gods, they can transform into a otherworldy, spectral being and smite their enemies with ultimate power!
    Felinos: A feline race, they have razor-sharp claws to tear their enemies to shreds and can access a beast mode where they unleash a rage-filled roar and gain more strength!
    Wood Elf: These elves inhabit the forests, can control any animal and summon ancient woodland spirits to wreak havoc!
    Werewolf: In battle mode they transform into a half-man, half-beast and unleash their animalistic fury! They can summon werewolf packs when in dire situations!
    Vampire: These bloodsuckers use the darkness as their ally and can transform into a giant bat monster!
    Undead: Brainssssssssssss.._

[Select Dark Elf]

[Select Felinos]

[Select Wood Elf]

[Select Werewolf]

[Select Vampire]

[Select Undead]

• edited December 2016

[Felinos] Seems fitting as Casper's playstyle seems to lean towards a warrior.

The Glitching Sea Prologue Casper opened his eyes. His head hurt. He felt like he had been asleep for a long time. He looked around, he w

• [Select Vampire]

I don't know if its coincidence with my yesterday's message in FoT topic, but if so, I am glad it's coming back.

The Glitching Sea Prologue Casper opened his eyes. His head hurt. He felt like he had been asleep for a long time. He looked around, he w

• My birthday, I'm sixteen years old now Casper thought. He had been gone for six months.

I think you just broke the poor fourth wall :D

Anyways, I'm very glad this story is back! I really look forward for what's to come in the next episode and beyond. And I have to wonder what happened during the timeskip. Did Casper simply black out? Did the same happen to all the other trapped players as well, or did they manage to advance somehow?

[Select Werewolf]

Well... Casper's ingame-name kind of is Wolfius, isn't it? To be honest, these sound all pretty sweet. The vampire would be my runner-up, since I had a weakness for these ever since the old Midnight Hollow days and since their playstyle is probably what I would prefer the most (cause thy sound a hell lot like a rogue), but considering that this is Casper we're talking about, I have to choose the werewolf. I mean, in the last part he did transform into a huge wolf, so I'd see it as fitting. I wonder if he can still do that btw.

• [Select Felinos]

Either this or dark elf sounds the most interesting for me so I choose this so that it is not going to be a vote tie.

• Voting closed, Casper will [Select Felinos]

Does anyone know how I can edit the main post?

• Try this: https://telltale.com/community/104314

Let me know if it works or not.

Voting closed, Casper will [Select Felinos] Does anyone know how I can edit the main post?

• It leads to an error page with the pig from Minecraft: Story Mode.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Try this: https://telltale.com/community/104314 Let me know if it works or not.

• Agent forgot an important part of the link, though he is otherwise correct in that you need the number of your thread from the adress bar, which is 104314. The correct link is this one: https://telltale.com/community/post/editdiscussion/104314

This should work. And don't worry, this link will only work for you as the creator of this thread :)

It leads to an error page with the pig from Minecraft: Story Mode.

• Thanks.

Agent forgot an important part of the link, though he is otherwise correct in that you need the number of your thread from the adress bar, w

• I just returned, and while you only posted one story piece since I left it's good to know you didn't give up on the story. :)

Voting closed, Casper will [Select Felinos] Does anyone know how I can edit the main post?

• So I think my laptop is fixed now, it's kinda slow but it works. Would you guys be okay if I restarted this? There are some thing I'd like to do differently, but if you would prefer I'd just continue than I'm fine with that.

Also, sometime this month I shall be doing a remake of my original story on the forum called Midnight Hollow. It will follow the same basic premise of a secret community of supernatural beings, but will be quite different in plot.

• Wait, this story isn't dead? :p

Glad to see some activity again! I really like this story. Though it's been so long I can't say that I remember much. As for restarting... I'd prefer you didn't but it's your story and your rules. If you feel it necessary then go for it. If you do restart I recommend you do the start pretty differently. Don't give us that feeling of "I've already seen this"

So I think my laptop is fixed now, it's kinda slow but it works. Would you guys be okay if I restarted this? There are some thing I'd like t

• edited October 2017

You're back!!!! Man One its been a long time. Have you been well? Anyway I'm just glad to see an old friend and one of the original interfic creators return.

Hmmmmm. I'm not sure about this. I mean i love Midnight Hollow and have a lot of cool memories from it, but i don't know if I'm sure about rebooting it. I also remember you had other stories you wanted to do, but couldn't. Why not redo one of those instead, Padora's Box and the others were very interesting at least in theory. But going back to Midnight i have a few questions. Will it have the same characters? Because if it doesn't it will feel a bit weird, but also there should be space for newcomers to join. You say different, but how will the Werewolf's and Vampires still be an issue or is the chest demon still the main threat?

Well, regardless of what you do, know that ill support you. Remember that one time we filled that empty story with characters? :D Well if things ever go the same, know that I'm here to give you six or five.

So I think my laptop is fixed now, it's kinda slow but it works. Would you guys be okay if I restarted this? There are some thing I'd like t

• Ah, I am glad this is getting somewhere! So happy to see activity and also such plans for the future :) You know I love this story, but Midnight remains my special favourite out of your work, since it has been the first. So, I do like both ideas you have there. A restart of this story, well, it hasn't been all that long so maybe it is not a bad idea to restart fresh, get a good new beginning, one you are happy with, instead of working with things you have written over a year ago, which you might not necessarily feel would make for a good plot point. Better than forcing yourself to work with things you'd do differently nowadays.

A reboot of Midnight also sounds wonderful! Ah, it has ended on a nasty cliffhanger for me and as much as I'd like to see a continuation of that, it sounds just great to have more of these characters in a new and improved version. I'll let you know more of my thoughts on this in our PM, but for sure you can count on having me reading and supporting it. Ah, I am excited for both, so yeah, that makes me very much looking forward for the coming month!

• I'm just a passerby so my opinion on the matter might not hold any real weight, but it would be great (for me personally, at least :D) if you restarted the story as it would give me (and other potential newcomers) the perfect oportunity to join in right from the get-go... though even if you decided to continue this one I'd still be interested in reading anyway. As for the remake of Midnight Hollow, my opinion might hold even less weight since I wasn't even a member of the forums by the time you finished it, but from the point of view of someone who knows nothing about the story I'd definitely like to read it. The idea of a story that's focused on a community of supernatural creatures really picked my interest. :)

• Have you been well?

Ain't been too good but have been feeling better recently.

Will it have the same characters?

There will be some characters returning, won't say who yet. There will be some supernatural types removed and replaced with different ones and I have been working on lore for each supernatural type. One supernatural type that will appear will be Elves.

how will the Werewolf's and Vampires still be an issue or is the chest demon still the main threat?

That would be a spoiler. Although some antagonists will be more...godlike than demonic.

Lord_EAA posted: »

You're back!!!! Man One its been a long time. Have you been well? Anyway I'm just glad to see an old friend and one of the original interfic

• Have you been well?

Ain't been too good but have been feeling better recently.

Will it have the same characters?

There will be some characters returning, won't say who yet. There will be some supernatural types removed and replaced with different ones and I have been working on lore for each supernatural type. One supernatural type that will appear will be Elves.

how will the Werewolf's and Vampires still be an issue or is the chest demon still the main threat?

That would be a spoiler. Although some antagonists will be more...godlike than demonic.

Lord_EAA posted: »

You're back!!!! Man One its been a long time. Have you been well? Anyway I'm just glad to see an old friend and one of the original interfic

• Thank you for answering :). I'm very glad you're back.

Have you been well? Ain't been too good but have been feeling better recently. Will it have the same characters? There

• I knew it would fucking double post.

Have you been well? Ain't been too good but have been feeling better recently. Will it have the same characters? There

• The thread for the Midnight Hollow remake has been made. Character submitting is not open yet, but if you have suggestions for supernatural types, you can comment in the thread. There are currently 4 spaces for supernatural types open.

https://telltale.com/community/discussion/117894/urban-legend-interactive-fantasy-remake-reboot-of-midnight-hollow

Sign in to comment in this discussion.