Please help! Crash on startup and no fixes work!

So I bought this about a year and a half ago at full price and I have struggled to find a fix for my problem. No discussion, forum or community hub has a fix that worked for me. As a last resort I have come here, I can't get a refund on Steam as my playtime exceeds 2 hours and I have left it for more than 2 weeks as refunds were not available at that time, I have played it for 5 hours when I got it on the first day. I don't want to refund this however, I LOVE this game series and I am extremely disappointed and upset that I can't experience it for myself. Season 1 worked perfectly. This one is causing the problems. I don't know why, I am so confused and I have tried every fix imaginable for it and none seem to work. The first launch was fine, flawless, no problems but I then went on the next day and it kept crashing on the main menu screen. Nothing fancy, just a plain old crash saying 'WalkingDead2.exe has stopped working' and then to desktop. I exited the game after I just got the walkie talkies in Carvers camp, I haven't been able to proceed since. I linger on the main menu for like 2 seconds before it forcefully crashes and I have noticed that no options appear. One time recently after not bothering with the game for a long time, I decided again to launch the game. To my surprise, it actually worked, but I had to start over which was completely alright with me at the time, I was overjoyed just to see it working. I then tried to start a new game but then the game told me that I didn't have a Season 1 save, I did at the time and I still do but I went along with it anyway and completed Season 1 again. After going through the sadness and horror of Lee's death, I tried Season 2 again, this time it returned to its old ways and crashed on the main menu and for some reason it reads my old save now! I have no idea what is going on. I have reinstalled, verified cache and many many other "fixes" NUMEROUS times and it never seems to work. Please help, I really want to complete this game and I can't. ANY assistance is appreciated.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.