Freelance Police?

edited July 2009 in Sam & Max
Now that Lucasarts loves adventures again, wouldn't it be great if they give all the code they probably (hopefully) still have of the cancelled Freelance Police to Telltale, so they can use it for Sam and Max Season 3?

It is just a big shame that they cancelled the game when it was almost completed. I just wonder what the story was going to be.

But, maybe, if they didn't made that dumb decisions, we would never be enjoying the talents of Telltale games. And now we must really thank Telltale because I think that in history of video games they really will be the big heroes that saved adventure games!

So, I really think they can save Freelance Police from oblivion too!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Most likely much of the ideas in Freelance Police has been recycled into Season 1. Still, I'd like to know what this cat-shaped controller is...

samnmax2_13.jpg

ss7.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    pilouuuu wrote: »
    Now that Lucasarts loves adventures again, wouldn't it be great if they give all the code they probably (hopefully) still have of the cancelled Freelance Police to Telltale, so they can use it for Sam and Max Season 3?

It is just a big shame that they cancelled the game when it was almost completed. I just wonder what the story was going to be.

But, maybe, if they didn't made that dumb decisions, we would never be enjoying the talents of Telltale games. And now we must really thank Telltale because I think that in history of video games they really will be the big heroes that saved adventure games!

So, I really think they can save Freelance Police from oblivion too!

Actually, I'd rather Freelance Police be a prequel to the current series. Season 3? Please. How about Season 0? You know, since 0 comes before 1?
  • edited July 2009
    Randulf wrote: »
    Most likely much of the ideas in Freelance Police has been recycled into Season 1. Still, I'd like to know what this cat-shaped controller is...

samnmax2_13.jpg

ss7.jpg

I think it was to activate the mini games whenever you wanted, and maybe other stuff which I don't know. It's just a shame that all that work went to garbage. I'm really glad about what Telltale made to the franchise though.
  • edited July 2009
    By the way I'm not sure if any of the ideas of Freelance Police were included in any of the seasons of Sam and Max. I don't know if any of Telltale people had knowledge of FP storyline or characters.

Maybe it just have a similar graphic style based in FP. Telltale version ended up looking much better anyway!
  • edited July 2009
    Some of the same people worked on both, I believe.

Also, I'd never seen any footage from Freelance Police before, because watching trailers for cancelled games depresses me, but Sam kind of reminds me of Banjo from Banjo-Kazooie with those expressions.
  • edited July 2009
    Hell, Telltale got me into S&M. Later on I did research and found this and Hit The Road. And damn, If Telltale didn't make the episodic series we know and love, I don't know.
  • edited July 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Some of the same people worked on both, I believe.

Also, I'd never seen any footage from Freelance Police before, because watching trailers for cancelled games depresses me, but Sam kind of reminds me of Banjo from Banjo-Kazooie with those expressions.

You know you want to. Here!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.