Sam and Max Hit the road. Version 200?

edited July 2009 in Sam & Max
Hi guys
I was wondering if any of you own the Sam and Max hit the road re-release that came out in year 200?. If so, how good is it? Anything special? And mainly, is it worth 20$ of should i hunt for the real original? Any help would be appreciated because i am stomped.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    WOW. If it really came out in year 200, it must be in silex non-floppy disks! And then it must be the REAL original, about 1794 years before Lucasart's release!! It really must worth those 20$, maybe some archaeologist pay you much more for it!!

Serious now, I know it's a mistake, but it's kinda weird you do the same mistake twice.

And, as far as I know, the game is exactly the same, except it's on DVD case, without print manual, and with a full Windows compatible executable. Maybe it has some antialising filter (like the ones you have in ScummVM) to get a more cartoony experience, but I think you can disable it and play the classic pixelixed game.
  • edited July 2009
    Ok thx.
    Actually, the 200? was meant as, in year 2-thousand something but i don't know wich year exactly. Some sources say 2002 some others 2006, i just don't know, so, heh. Now that you mention it, it does look a little silly.
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah, the game's exactly the same as the original talkie. It's just the packaging that's a little different. Pity. I wanted a manual.

It's included with the game, but it's a PDF file.
  • edited July 2009
    MussKatt wrote: »
    Ok thx.
    Actually, the 200? was meant as, in year 2-thousand something but i don't know wich year exactly. Some sources say 2002 some others 2006, i just don't know, so, heh. Now that you mention it, it does look a little silly.
    Sorry, but maybe I could better understood if you said 200X
  • edited July 2009
    Ok thx guys. I just bought it. 20 canadian dollars including shipping. I love ebay :) Now my sam and max collection is complete!

And yes Java-Wan. Sometimes i live in my head and forget that others don't:P
  • edited July 2009
    Well it had better be released in the year 2009, since that's the only year left that fits that description. I'm not waiting until the year 201?!
  • edited July 2009
    MussKat is talking about the rerelease of Hit the Road that came out earlier this decade, not a hypothetical future rerelease.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.