[Bug Report] TWD:Michonne cloud saves deleting local saves

edited March 2016 in Game Support

I recently got a new hard drive, so copied my saved games across and kept them in the same location. When I reinstalled TWD:Michonne it asked if I wanted to enable cloud saving so I thought why not. Unfortunately after doing that the game didn't show any saved games, thankfully I had a backup so after a bit of time trying to figure out what was going on I discovered every time the game tried to cloud sync it would delete all my saved games for some reason.

I had to block the game with my firewall to stop it from cloud-syncing and deleting all my saves. I have a video of it happening but it's not really very helpful, it just shows exactly what I described.

Thankfully I had backups so it didn't effect me but I saw some people complaining about saves being lost so thought I better report it, I'd also really like to unblock the game in my firewall as this stops it from syncing my choices

Edit: Also, turning off cloud syncing didn't work, when I restarted the game it still deleted my saves when it was 'Talking to the server', so either disabling cloud saves is bugged too or it's not cloud saves that's the issue

Comments

• First of all, Firewall can either block the program the connection to the Internet, or block user-defined accesses to the server.

In this case, I would assume that the Game creates a new (or overwritten) savestate everytime it synchronizes with the server.

The best solution would be, to reinstall the game.

• The same thing just happened to me. So annoying. I've lost all my progress in Episode 1 and I don't feel to play Episode 2 with random choices. Now I'm forced to start the game all over again. Fix, please. Fix. ;-)

• Yes it would be nice to get some confirmation that has at least been recognized as a bug, as it's pretty serious. Also I really wouldn't recommend reinstalling as this is what triggered the bug in the first place, I'd recommend keeping backups and blocking the game's network access if it won't play nice.

• A shame this is apparently still happening. Considering that the effects of one's choices are the bulk of what separates this title from simply being a cartoon, it's saddening that Telltale appears to be ignoring the problem.

• For assistance with your problem, feel free to consult the Telltale Games Support Center. From there, you can search for the solution to your problem depending on what game you are playing as well as the platform you are playing on.

If you still need further assistance, you may also try the following:

I'm going to close this discussion and move it to the archived Support Forum section, but you can still receive help from Telltale Staff members by trying any of the options above.

This discussion has been closed.