Can't see menu graphics in "Last Resort"

edited July 2009 in Game Support
Hello! :)

I have recently purchased and downloaded the 2nd episode within the "Wallace and Gromit" series "The Last Resort" and some of the graphics seem to be invisible, (Such as the Telltale Games clock work styled opening and a few of the bars in the menu screen). While I am playing, I am unable to see my inventory bar along with any items I may have picked up...leaving the game literally unplayable. :confused:
I have already downloaded and played the first installment "Fright of the Bumblebees" and it worked perfectly fine. I have also tried to uninstall and re-install the game, but it didn't seem to change anything. Please help!

Computer: Gateway
Operating system: Windows Vista
Processor: AMD Turion 64X2 Mobile Technology TL-56 1.80 GHz
Memory: 2.00 GB
System Type: 32-bit
Graphics: ATI Radeon X1200

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Unfortunately your graphics card is a bit on the low end, but we may be able to fix the problem for you. Try going to this page and scrolling down till you get to
    "Display Driver 23.6MB 9.3 3/18/2009 Download" Download that driver and install it on your machine. With any luck it will fix the problem for you.
  • edited July 2009
    I downloaded the suggested "Display Driver", but it didn't seem to change anything, unfortunately.
    I was actually able to bumble my way through the first few minutes of the game through lucky clicking to make it out onto the "Street/Outdoor" environment and it looks as though it's incomplete. Half of the house models are gone and parts of the screen are like an open beta void. Very strange...
    Does this perhaps mean that my graphics card is still too low, even though it was able to play the previous game? Sorry for the inconvience!

~Thank you very much and have a wonderful day!~ :)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    So the bad news is that something changed between WG ep1 and ep2 that made the game have higher system requirements. I have no idea what or why (certainly wasn't intentional), but unfortunately a few people can't play 2 and up but could play one.

So in short, I'm afraid that your graphics card is slightly too low for the rest of the season. If you would like, you can send in an email to support@telltalegames.com and we will be happy to give you a full refund. Sorry for the trouble!
  • edited July 2009
    Awww, that's a shame, but I greatly appreciate your quick and thoughtful responses! Thank you very much! :)
This discussion has been closed.