Ending Explanation - Questions..?

So i've recently played TWUA for the first time... Loved it! I can see what all the hypes been about and why people want a season 2!

I understand im behind a few good years but I was wondering what the Ending meant with Narissa??

Why was there an option to go after her? And what was all that voice stuff going on in Bigby's head? What did it mean, can anyone help me out here. Is the an explanation at all...

Comments

• No one knows for sure, I actually think the way the ending was handled was awful. it was written as though there was going to be a series two but that never happened and telltale have chosen to not enlighten us as to what the ending meant.

• There are two different theories, I took these from an article because they're backed up with evidence:

Theory 1 - "Nerissa" was Faith

Before we get into specifics, here’s a reminder on one of The Wolf Among Us’s most confusion-inducing plot elements: glamours. These are spells that let Fables appear in different forms, and they feature heavily throughout the series. Fabletown law requires all non-humanoid residents to buy some magic so that the outside world doesn’t notice all the giant toads and talking pigs wandering around the neighborhood.

Glamours make things complicated because you’re never really sure who is whom, as when Bigby (and everyone else, really) mistakes Holly’s body for Snow White’s because it was all magicked up. So this theory claims that the Nerissa we’d been talking to the entire time was actually Faith using a glamour to look like the ex-Little Mermaid.

What does this mean, though?

It means that Faith doesn’t die in Episode 1 — Nerissa does. In this case, we have an extra-crazy-making double glamour situation in which Georgie means to murder Faith but accidentally kills Nerissa instead because she’s under the enchantment (possibly because she was covering one of Faith’s work shifts at the strip club/prostitution agency The Pudding and Pie). And then the real Faith has to disguise herself as the now-dead Nerissa to cover her tracks and keep from getting murderated herself.

[This thread from the Telltale forums lays it all out] (https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/75680/the-wolf-among-us-episode-5-ending-faith-nerissa, citing Dr. Swinehart’s need to run additional tests on the remains and the Magic Mirror’s inability to locate Faith as evidence of some enchanted shenanigans going on. An unglamoured head is just a head, this player reasons, and Swinehart would have no need of further testing otherwise. And if Faith is still alive, the spell binding her to secrecy and discretion in her seedy work would still be active, and this would extend to the Mirror’s ability to locate her.

At the same time, however, Swinehart’s tests could have also been to reason out the cause of death, since “magical decapitation ribbon” is probably not in a medical textbook on any plane of existence.

And check this out: Faith comes from the story of Donkeyskin, which is about a beautiful princess who disguises herself as a gross donkey lady to escape from her father. In the story, this was because he wanted to marry her, but you can maybe see the parallel other than that — in this case, Faith is disguising herself as Nerissa to break free of The Crooked Man.

This correlation is kinda of mean to Nerissa, though. I thought she was pretty.

Theory 2: “Faith” was Nerissa

This version of events says that the “Faith” we meet at the beginning of the series isn’t her at all. It is, in fact, Nerissa under a glamour in an attempt to call Bigby’s attention to the nefarious dealings going on below Fabletown’s already pretty shady surface.

What does this mean, though?

In this case, Faith is already dead at the beginning of the game, and Nerissa (as Faith) intentionally starts trouble with The Woodsman so that Bigby would show up and start snooping around. She had to disguise herself as the dead woman so that he’d make the connection when he found the head.

For this reading, Faith, the title character of the first chapter and the person from whom all of Bigby’s motivation springs, never appears alive the entire game.

This interpretation of events also makes a little more sense considering the fact that Nerissa intentionally gives herself away at the end. If “Nerissa” is really Faith in disguise as the first reading says, how much sense does it make to leave Bigby with that loose thread? She’s only opening herself up to a bunch of questions from an annoyed werewolf.

Meanwhile, if “Faith” was Nerissa, telling Bigby about it doesn’t change anything; she was just leading him along the investigation for slightly longer than he thought.

And anyway, if her entire goal is to take her life back, how much sense does it make if she has to do so as a completely different person?

• Maybe they didn't tell us yet because they are making a season two. And if they told us what it really meant, maybe that would ruin the whole season two so they just decided not to tell us.

No one knows for sure, I actually think the way the ending was handled was awful. it was written as though there was going to be a series two but that never happened and telltale have chosen to not enlighten us as to what the ending meant.

• I believe that the evidence points to."Nerissa" being Faith, and that Nerissa was found dead in the beginning as "Faith" due to the evidence of:

When you get to use the mirror to check on the suspects, then to look into the fables you've learned about from the books, that the mirror Clearly shows Faith's father deceased, shows Prince Lawrence's life dwindling, yet with Faith's location the mirror's "lips are sealed"?

This would go to say Faith is still alive, with the ribbon enchanted attached.

• I think that it showed something about the p&p strippers, maybe they were all in a spell because they ended the same way, or maybe Nerissa is Faith because there was no way she could have known Faith said that, season 2 could be about uncovering more about the p&p or it could mean Nerrisa is part of something far larger.

• I personally believe Theory 2.

• Same. Theory 2 makes sense.

I personally believe Theory 2.

• That's true

I believe that the evidence points to."Nerissa" being Faith, and that Nerissa was found dead in the beginning as "Faith" due to the evidence

Sign in to comment in this discussion.