ESC MENU POPUP: SoMI & Dual DVI Output Video Cards

edited July 2009 in Game Support
This is some of the most infuriating behavior..

This game brings up the escape menu every 1-3 seconds after I exit the menu. No joysticks attached, nothing weird sticking on the keyboard, I have NEVER seen any game do anything like this.

I have two monitors set up. However, it doesn't matter which one is set as "primary Windows monitor" in Windows. The only thing that seems to fix it is to put it on the "primary DVI output" display output on my dual DVI nVidia card (ie. the one that's active on bootup for BIOS, etc). Nothing else fixes it: setting just one display up, changing the "secondary DVI" to "primary Windows monitor", etc.

So in other words, even when I have dual displays configured, I can drag the window open to the "primary DVI output" and it stops behaving this way. Regardless of whether or not that monitor is set up as the "primary Windows monitor".

So I can work around it, but god it was infuriating figuring that out.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Ok, nevermind, it's not related to the "primary DVI output". I swapped cables and it still does it on the same monitor.

It's almost like it's related to the monitor now.

This is insane. What the hell, guys?
  • edited July 2009
    Windows XP
    nVidia 8800 GTX

Monitor 1:
    Dell 2408WFP
    1920x1200, 60 Hz
    DOES NOT WORK

Monitor 2:
    Samsung 240T
    1920x1200, 52 Hz
    WORKS

This game constantly pops up the ESC menu on the Dell monitor, regardless of which DVI port it's plugged in, how many monitors are active, which one is active.

If I play in windowed mode and have just ONE PIXEL overlapping onto the Samsung monitor, it works fine.

A big fat >_<
  • edited July 2009
    I noticed that, even in windowed mode, if I change focus from the app, it automatically brings up the main menu.

Why? Why in the world does it do this? If I want to bring up the main menu before swapping, I'll hit ESC.

I bet that's what's causing this problem.
  • edited July 2009
    That was it. I powered off, unplugged the Samsung (the one it worked on), and powered back up. It now works on the Dell for the first time.

You guys have evidently programmed it to determine which monitor is the "primary", and if it doesn't match the one that's active or on, you think it's swapped out. So you bring up the escape menu.

Clue: Don't automatically bring up the main menu.

Awesome.
  • edited July 2009
    This game is STILL popping up the main menu, primarily when I transition areas and often during dialog too. I'd play this game through without saving if it meant I never had to stare at that damn menu again.
  • edited July 2009
    Apparently I'm a big ass and Telltale didn't develop this. I should have known better. XD

Good job Telltale. Love ToMI by the way.

Sorry. Hopefully this will be good for anyone else who mistakenly comes here.
This discussion has been closed.