Is there any way to play MC:SM on mobile device quality?

I have a very bad computer, and no way to afford a better one. Is there a way to play in a quality setting where all graphics are very low, like the mobile version(s)?

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited April 2016

I believe the PC option has a few general graphics options. They aren't very robust, but they should work in lowering the graphical fidelity. You can also lower the game's screen resolution which I believe will boost performance on lower end devices (well, it boosts performance in general but most machines are good enough to where you can play at a moderate/high resolution anyways). Telltale's games aren't very taxing, as they deliberately keep their games simple to run on the same engine for mobile devices, consoles, PC/Mac, etc.

If you have played any modern Telltale game in the past, than Minecraft should perform about the same. If you are unsure, I would just go ahead and buy the game on mobile/consoles if you aren't terribly sure. The price, presentation, and gameplay should all just about be the same.

The Telltale Games Support Center also shows the Technical Requirements to run Minecraft: Story Mode on PC/Mac:
    https://support.telltalegames.com/hc/en-us/articles/212521247-What-are-the-Minimum-System-Requirements-to-run-Minecraft-Story-Mode-on-my-computer-

PC Minimum System Requirements

• Processor: Core 2 Duo 2GHz or equivalent
    • Memory: 3 GB RAM
    • Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Space Free
    • Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 512 MB RAM
    • DirectX®: Direct X 11
    • Sound: Direct X 11 sound device
    • Additional: Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics

PC Recommended System Requirements

• Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.3 Ghz or equivalent
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 1024 MB RAM

Mac Minimum System Requirements

• Processor: 2.3 Ghz Intel
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Space Free
    • Video Card: 512 MB Nvidia or ATI graphics card
    • Additional: Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics, Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks
Sign in to comment in this discussion.