Question about the ending.

I just finished "The Wolf Among Us".

It seems to have a twist ending, where the Wolf realizes that
Nerissa was really Faith the entire time.

If that is true, then who was the first dead prostitute that prompted
the entire murder investigation in the first place?

Comments

• I think it's more likely that Nerissa was glamoured as Faith when we first met her in Episode 1, as Faith was already dead, and the head that was left was the real Faith's head.

• edited April 2016

Okay, interesting theory.

But then why was "Faith" arguing with the Woodsman and saying that she
    feared for her life in Chapter 1?

Seems that Faith was still alive, at least at that point.

• edited April 2016

Faith was never dead. Faith was glamoured as Nerissa.

This is backed up through the comics.

• I don't know why, but I think that the Faith we saw in the beginning was the real Faith and the head that was at the doorstep was Nerissa's head, and the Nerissa we've been talking to throughout the game was Faith. I don't know why.

• A decent ending shouldn't be so vague, I was very dissappointed. I guess the ending draws people to the forum so thats good at least.

• edited April 2016

Okay, the Faith we see at the beginning of the game MUST be the real Faith, who
    later glamoured herself as Nerissa when Nerissa got killed.

However, Georgie THOUGHT he killed Faith, he never questions this fact.

Therefore, Nerissa was also glamoured as Faith, they must have switched places.

Does any of this make sense? :)

• I think that Nerissa was always here and we never saw Faith. What makes me think that is :

• The personality. Nerissa as Faith at the beginning was playing a role and I don't think instead, Faith would play a role during the whole game. Every stuff she says as Nerissa is way more sweet than she said it as Faith.

• The story. If Nerissa says the truth ( and she have no reason to lie ), she knew Faith and Lily would get kill ( or they already were dead I think ) and she had to do something. The whole meeting with Wolf was here to help him, tell him about the curse and get him to care about the girl and get his attention. Faith didn't knew Nerissa said anything so it doesn't make sense for her to give that clue when she doesn't know what would happen in the future

• Faith is the master of disguise, and she would do anything to survive, she probably gave Nerissa glamour so Georgie would have killed her. There is a lot of clues in the game like the pics in the Episode 5 that make me think this is true.

• Right , so we don't know Faith's face . Bigby mentioned while seeing Faith she saw her somewhere and the same thing happened with Nerrisa . Nerissa was the little mermaid , but for all we know , Faith might have been glamoured to look like her and she was dead , but maybe the eyes or something or the spark that doesn't change and that's what intrigued Bigby and probably Faith came in a lot of ways for Bigby for help or love or both ? Prince Lawrence was Faith's husband , that's for a fact . Which means the original prostitute with Woody was the actual Faith , or at-least what Prince Lawrence knew and this is confirmed coz it is an actual fable , Lawrence is her husband . So my theory is , Nerrisa never made it . Vivian was the girl with the ribbon , and Faith an opportunist who also had a magic ribbon of some sorts quite similar carrying a different magic . At the end of episode 5 , Bigby gets a chance to take away the ribbon but I never did that . Does something happen if we choose the option or it's just a teaser ? It could be a derivative of Donkeyskin as well , which actually hides Faith's beauty or some other magic associated with Faith's story we are yet to learn about ?

There is a different theory as well . Bigby was almost drowned back in Homeland . Does he know Nerrisa from there ? This would backfire the entire story and cause a reverse stir and she was posing as Faith all along . But the little mermaid was from the ocean and Bigby was probably drowned in a river or lake , so that is not so sound .

There are a lot of speculations , but this is what I think of it .

• This is actually as sound as it can get . Coz Lawrence is Faith's husband as per fables , so Lawrence knew Faith and Bigby had the same dejavu when he saw both Faith and Nerrisa .

Sign in to comment in this discussion.