ToMI - Not loading properly anymore

edited July 2009 in Game Support
Hi,

I got ToMI and it was all working fine and loading properly until yesterday. For about 75% of the time when I launch the game the screen starts up with the skull/sometimes just a white screen and then says its not responding and shuts itself down. The other 25% of the time it will load fine and the game plays. Just find it strange that it used to be fine and now its not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    It's a little baffling to be honest. There's another person who just wrote in today with a similar problem. I can't think of any good reason why it would only crash some of the time. I'm going to look into it on our end, but in the meantime would you mind updating your directx and your graphics card drivers?
  • edited July 2009
    i am managing to get as far as the skull and crossbones then it says not responding.

i am rubbish with computers so please be patient with me

any help would be great, thanks

laura
  • edited July 2009
    I was the person with the similar problem mentioned above, and it seems to have been sorted.

Just in case it is the same problem, here is the thread with all the details:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10592
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks for the advice. Game appears to be working again after allowing full access on the firewall.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm glad to hear that it helped! :) Have fun!
  • edited July 2009
    I'm having a similar situation. I'm using Crossover Games to run ToMI on my Mac. I tried the demo first to be sure that it would work and I was able to play through the entire thing without any issues.

However, now that I've downloaded the full game, when I go to play it the launch screen shows up like this:

3776844530_ff241ff14c.jpg

When I click on the area where the launch button would be it shows me the load screen for a few seconds and then the entire screen goes white and nothing happens.

Any idea what's going on?
This discussion has been closed.