I want to read the comics..... but I am confused on which ones I should get

Is it: Fables, Volume 1: Legends in Exile OR Fables: The Wolf Among Us Vol. 1 ? I am confused on which one I will get the most out of.

Comments

• Legends of Exile is the first real comic, Fables Wolf Among Us is the comic version of the game that was created after the game, and is honestly, kinda bad.

• So if I want a good story with the characters from The Wolf Among Us then I should read "Fables" the first real series?

Poogers555 posted: »

Legends of Exile is the first real comic, Fables Wolf Among Us is the comic version of the game that was created after the game, and is honestly, kinda bad.

• Yup, dont both with the Comic Wolf Among Us, it was kind of a sad attempt to add "more" to the game by retelling it a bit differently but it ended up being a big mess.

Legends in Exile is the first volume of the first Fables comics, it takes place after Wolf Among Us, and is where the real Fables comics begin.

So if I want a good story with the characters from The Wolf Among Us then I should read "Fables" the first real series?

• Thanks man! I'll try out the first volume and see if I like the series.

Yup, dont both with the Comic Wolf Among Us, it was kind of a sad attempt to add "more" to the game by retelling it a bit differently but it

• edited April 2016

If you want another opinion, the Wolf Among Us comic was fun and added some nice background and texture to the game series. I personally enjoyed reading them and I think you would too if thats what you are interested in and they are very inexpensive at .99 per issue. If you want to get into the full Fables universe, then for sure start with Legends in Exile in but know thats going to be a lot to get through. Over a hundred comics in the main series plus several spin offs. Its up to you.

• edited April 2016

You can also check out the mini series Werewolves of the heartland if you want a side story that focuses entirely on Bigby.

• edited April 2016

What should I read first? Legends in Exile or Werewolves of the Heartland ?

You can also check out the mini series Werewolves of the heartland if you want a side story that focuses entirely on Bigby.

• I'm looking for a huge story with the characters from TWAU, I think Legends in Exile is the right choice.....

KCohere posted: »

If you want another opinion, the Wolf Among Us comic was fun and added some nice background and texture to the game series. I personally enj

• Well, its a great comic. I hop you enjoy it. :)

I'm looking for a huge story with the characters from TWAU, I think Legends in Exile is the right choice.....

• Legends of Exile and then you can check out heartland.

What should I read first? Legends in Exile or Werewolves of the Heartland ?

• The Fables comics are the series that TWAU was born from. It is set 20 years (roughly) after TWAU and details the lives of everyone in Fabletown, with Bigby and Snow being the central characters. Don't expect any references of any kind towards the game until MUCH later in the series (If memory serves me well, Volume 19 had just come out when TWAU Ep.1 was released, and there are 22 Volumes for the Fables comics)

Fables: The Wolf Among Us is the comic version of the game. It keeps more in tone with the Fables comics than the actual game (like showing additional characters)

• Dude, it's 'Legends in Exile' :D

Legends of Exile is the first real comic, Fables Wolf Among Us is the comic version of the game that was created after the game, and is honestly, kinda bad.

• enter image description here

ᶠᶦᵗ ᵐᵉ ᵐ⁸ ᶦᶫ ᵐˢˢ ᵘ ᵘᵖ ᶦ ˢʷᵉʳ

HazzatheMan posted: »

Dude, it's 'Legends in Exile'

• I've picked up Legends in Exile yesterday, should I read werewolves of the heartland immediately after I finish it?

The Fables comics are the series that TWAU was born from. It is set 20 years (roughly) after TWAU and details the lives of everyone in Fable

• Yeah yeah I missed you too :P

ᶠᶦᵗ ᵐᵉ ᵐ⁸ ᶦᶫ ᵐˢˢ ᵘ ᵘᵖ ᶦ ˢʷᵉʳ

• No, read Werewolves of the Heartlands AFTER Volume 15. It takes place in-between Volumes 15 and 16.

Be warned that it is a very graphic story, lots of nudity and gore. Also Bigby being a fucking badass as usual :)

I've picked up Legends in Exile yesterday, should I read werewolves of the heartland immediately after I finish it?

• Okay, and when should I stop reading "Fables" the main series? I want to read the Jack spinoff's of Fables eventually, any idea when I should do that?

No, read Werewolves of the Heartlands AFTER Volume 15. It takes place in-between Volumes 15 and 16. Be warned that it is a very graphic story, lots of nudity and gore. Also Bigby being a fucking badass as usual

• Ok, it's been a while :P

Jack of Fables, I can't remember where it begins with regards to the main series BUT make sure you read Volumes 1-6 of Jack of Fables BEFORE you read Volume 13 of Fables. It'll make all the new characters that appear in it familiar to you.

The Fairest comics are also tied into the main story, but they don't all have a clear chronology.

Okay, and when should I stop reading "Fables" the main series? I want to read the Jack spinoff's of Fables eventually, any idea when I should do that?

• Okay, so I'll begin Jack of Fables after I read volume 12 of Fables, thanks for the help!

Ok, it's been a while :P Jack of Fables, I can't remember where it begins with regards to the main series BUT make sure you read Volumes

• I own the entire collection of comics :P

No worries!!!

Okay, so I'll begin Jack of Fables after I read volume 12 of Fables, thanks for the help!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.