So, what was the point of going to the Cut above First?

I just finished replaying episode 4 of The Wolf Among Us and I'm actually pretty damn surprised how much going to the Lucky Pawn first adds to the length of the episode. You get to have a long conversation with Jack and even get to talk to Toad for a bit, and then you get to explore the pawnshop which was pretty rad, but I was thinking there had to be some kind of catch to going there first to make the cut above a much shorter scene (like the Butcher not being there or it being locked), but nope you have the exact same conversation and area to look around. I'm happy to see the episode last a good 90 minutes, but I'm confused on the incentive to go there first.

Just some thoughts after replaying.

Comments

• I think its because Pawn Shop was just for Jersey and Cut Above was seen as more of the Base of Operations with Bloody Mary, so people might have found it more promising. but yeah, I agree, going to the Cut Above should have done something more than giving almost the same scene, maybe even have a Tweedle there.

• I believe you have longer conversation with the Butcher and the blackboard is not erased, but considering how many things you get to do if you go to the Pawn Shop first it's not really worth it to go to the Cut Above first.

• The black board isn't erased and Bigby has more dialogue regarding it.

• I'm about to replay TWAU this weekend, I always go to the Pawn Shop first, just my choice.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited April 2016

Speaking of which, I thought the choice in Episode 5 between Crooked Man's Limo and Georgie's car was kinda redundant. Choosing the limo caused you to miss out on a bunch of characterization for Georgie and Vivian, and all you get is like ten seconds of Bigby losing the trail on Crooked Man and Bloody Mary. Meanwhile, we missed out on several minute of what I consider to be pretty heavily vital character development and plot for nothing in return.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Technically you can also miss out on those moments if you stick with Georgie's car all the way through the QTE segment.

Speaking of which, I thought the choice in Episode 5 between Crooked Man's Limo and Georgie's car was kinda redundant. Choosing the limo cau

• That's why this game is great, everytime you replay it something different happens.

Speaking of which, I thought the choice in Episode 5 between Crooked Man's Limo and Georgie's car was kinda redundant. Choosing the limo cau

• For an initial playthrough. the Cut Above sounds like the better choice.

The Lucky Pawn gives us a kickass fight scene and some details.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.