A little grippe about the Wolf Among Us and WD Michonne Game Engine

First of all, Hello Gang!

I been playing TellTale games from a while now and I always wondered what engine was behind the stories. Throught the years the engine has shown signs of aging but that did not affect my love of the stories that much. so I was glad to see some changes in the quality of the last 2 games I bought, A Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead: Michonne which at first glance looks to ramp up the quality and provides a better style to the story telling... more comic book like. which at first sounded great...

But I have a few grippes with this new engine.

First it did not fix the lag much... I don't know why but even 5 year old TT games lag like heck on my GTX 970 and this new engine lags even more. Which is crazy given the fact that very little is happening in each scene...

Second it looks like this new engine does not go into full 3d mode like the engine used for say Jurassic Park, Borderlands, and the other walking dead games which is very annoying because I was really looking forward to play this game and Michonne in 3D... And that is my biggest grippe.

Not 3D? what do you mean?
Alright, I been immersing myself in the telltale games for a while now using my 3d projector and tridef 3d (or nvidea 3D TV Play).... Tale from the Borderland and Jurassic park look awesome in real 3D!!! I mean immersive and scary ;)

But this new engine ruined it all for me. sure the new style is great. Unfortunately not as great as experiencing the game in true 3D! Some changes were made in the engine that ruined the option to play it on 3D mode on 3D monitors. Perhaps it's the new comic style rendering system, odd that tales from the borderland works fine.... So right now I'm playing a very disappointing AWAU and Walking dead games... having played the other chapters in 3d, you can imagine the disappointment of having to play these on a flat screen...

Anyway, I hope the engine is updated to re-enable the feature. feels like 1 step ahead 2 steps back in my specific case though.

Comments

• edited May 2016

Michonne/Wolf are still using the Telltale tool like every telltale game released so far. I'm not sure what issues your talking about as the game is the smoothest running series yet, despite some longer loading screens, episode 2 has some scenes that look marvelous in comparison to other "new-ish" series. And Wolf is from 2013, so I have no idea how your getting issues from a game before Tales from the Borderlands.

Also 3D? That's your problem? I mean it sucks it's not compatible with Michonne/Wolf, but that doesn't really sound like an engine issue. They probably just forgot to add it in

• I didnt even know some Telltale games had a 3D option.

Michonne/Wolf are still using the Telltale tool like every telltale game released so far. I'm not sure what issues your talking about as the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.