Should S2 be non-canon with the comics?

Anyone else think if Telltale do decide to make a season 2 of The Wolf Among Us, that it shouldn't be canon with the comic book series. Now, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the books and I'm sure that they're wonderful (after all they did create the characters), but I feel in order to make the game if it even happens, more enjoyable and suspenseful would to make it a separate universe from the comics. It being canon restricts them from killing off certain characters and from exploring other places in the fables world, such as Bigby being unable to head to the Farm, and it allows them more creative control. Anyone else agree?

Comments

• I feel like it would lose alot ditching the cannon, also Bill Willingham has made it clear many times, and has not agreed to tv shows based on Fables before because he doesnt want any non-cannon changes to happen.

• I feel it wouldn't loose much ditching the canon, as if anything it'll allow Telltale the ability to do what's best for the game without being restricted by the comics. They'd be able to have Snow and Bigby get together, have Bigby visit the farm if it's involved with whatever storyline they made, introduce more characters from the comics and be able to kill characters off, making everything a lot less predictable and more exciting.

Poogers555 posted: »

I feel like it would lose alot ditching the cannon, also Bill Willingham has made it clear many times, and has not agreed to tv shows based on Fables before because he doesnt want any non-cannon changes to happen.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

Considering Fables has ended its run, Telltale could set a season two after the comic timeline, and they wouldn't have as many restrictions, it would be less predictable, and they could still keep it in line with canon.

OneWayNoWay posted: »

I feel it wouldn't loose much ditching the canon, as if anything it'll allow Telltale the ability to do what's best for the game without bei

• True, although I'd imagine some things would end up being confusing for those who don't read the comics if they took that direction.

Jennifer posted: »

Considering Fables has ended its run, Telltale could set a season two after the comic timeline, and they wouldn't have as many restrictions, it would be less predictable, and they could still keep it in line with canon.

• Snow and Bigby do get together in Fables and Bigby does visit the Farm in Fables also :P

OneWayNoWay posted: »

I feel it wouldn't loose much ditching the canon, as if anything it'll allow Telltale the ability to do what's best for the game without bei

• I can understand how much more fun could be had with the series with going non-canon. But this is the problem with the game being made about 11 years after the comics started getting published: there is a clear canon to the story.

Clear canon is something TellTale dealt with for TWD, TFTB and even GOT...

• I can fully understand you. But I believe that if we are really getting a second Season, Telltale will do just fine again with a canon story, besides, letting it be canon is an important part of what makes the experience the more interesting.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.