Please Help I Want My Sam and Max

edited July 2009 in Game Support
Hello, I bought the retail version of Sam and Max Season One (a.k.a Save The World) shortly after it came out sometime in August or Sept. of 2007. About a year ago my computer went on the fritz and needed a whole new harddrive and just recently I re-activated it, I don't think any of that should have to do anything with this problem but I'm throwing that out there, My operating system is a Vista Home Premium. My problem is now that my computer is running again my Sam and Max season one will not work. As Soon as I hit the button to autorun when prompted or go to My computer to start it from there, I always get a box saying, Error: Could Not Access the System Registry, not word for word but about that.

I am a huge fan of Sam and Max so naturally I wanted to get down to the bottom of this, being that nothing else, especially no other games have had difficulty working on my computer (Crysis for one) I thought maybe the disk was scratched but it was largely clean, the part where this is weird is when i tried the second disc to see what it would do but it gave me the same box.

Please TellTale help me to fix this (or send me a new copy) because I really miss my Sam and Max.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Have you tried running it with UAC disabled? Just a suggestion.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    You might try this first.

Otherwise here's a bunch of questions.
    Is it the 64bit Version of Vista?
    Did it work before you reinstalled your System?
    Did you exchange anything besides your harddisk?
    Do the download versions work?
    What do you mean by "second disc", Season 2?
  • edited July 2009
    DjNDB wrote: »
    You might try this first.

Otherwise here's a bunch of questions.
    Is it the 64bit Version of Vista?
    Did it work before you reinstalled your System?
    Did you exchange anything besides your harddisk?
    Do the download versions work?
    What do you mean by "second disc", Season 2?

K, its the 32-bit version, yes it did work (I played it lots), no nothing else was exchanged and no other programs on my computer have given me this problem or even similar to since the re-boot, the demos I downloaded work but I never bought them through download, and Second Disc I mean the bonus disc with the videos and other bonus features.
  • edited July 2009
    Molokov wrote: »
    Have you tried running it with UAC disabled? Just a suggestion.

K not to sound like a retard but please explain what UAC is, and how I can disable it.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    K not to sound like a retard but please explain what UAC is, and how I can disable it.

Look there if you want to know the Details about UAC.

Here is an explanation how to disable it.

If you are more of the visual type, then look at this short video instead.
This discussion has been closed.