Fables comics

I was thinking about reading the fables comics because I love the wolf among us game but I'm not really sure what they are about. If anyone has read them are they similar to the game? And what is the general story line without giving too many spoilers?

Comments

• They are different to the game. It doesn't really focus on Bigby that much. They also get quite boring because some of the issues are just people talking. So if you liked TWAU for it's action and because Bigby is in it. I wouldn't really recommend them. But if you want to explore the magical side of TWAU, then maybe.

• Thanks!! I will read some and see if I like it.

Fat_Turt posted: »

They are different to the game. It doesn't really focus on Bigby that much. They also get quite boring because some of the issues are just p

• (Coming from someone who has the entire Fables collection)

Fables is HUGE. I mean really really big, it focuses on everyone and not just one person. Bigby and Snow are 'central characters' but they don't appear in every issue (Bigby especially) and the story isn't always about them. The comics were created LONG before the game was conceived so don't expect many references to the game or certain characters to show up.

The comics have less swearing overall but the violence can still be graphic and bloody, plus there is nudity in the earlier issues (but it's mostly just bare breasts)

If you plan on getting an understanding of the entire story then you pretty much need to read every issue and every spin-off, the story branches out to the spin-offs as well and is carried on by them in places.

Any more questions then ask away! :D

• Thank you, that was really helpful!!! :D I'm definitely going to start reading them when I have finished all my exams!!

HazzatheMan posted: »

(Coming from someone who has the entire Fables collection) Fables is HUGE. I mean really really big, it focuses on everyone and not just

• If you like I can give you a timeline so that you can pretty much read everything in order. The story is disjointed at times due to branching off to a spin-off series...

Heather1717 posted: »

Thank you, that was really helpful!!! I'm definitely going to start reading them when I have finished all my exams!!

• That would be great, thanks!! :D

If you like I can give you a timeline so that you can pretty much read everything in order. The story is disjointed at times due to branching off to a spin-off series...

• The first few issues are very much like Wolf Among Us, later on they do start to stray away from Mysteries and focus more on the Homelands, and Bigby is in almost every issue.

• Ok I'll PM you when I can!

Heather1717 posted: »

That would be great, thanks!!

• and Bigby is in almost every issue.

Ha I wish! XP

Poogers555 posted: »

The first few issues are very much like Wolf Among Us, later on they do start to stray away from Mysteries and focus more on the Homelands, and Bigby is in almost every issue.

• Well, he is in almost every issue except for his small break during like Fables 30 and 35 and near the end

and Bigby is in almost every issue. Ha I wish! XP

• Reading from the Volumes. He disappears from Volume 5 to Volume 8 and then again from Volume 19 to Volume 20.

I was quite surprised at how underused Bigby was in the comics, Snow appears a lot more then he does!

Poogers555 posted: »

Well, he is in almost every issue except for his small break during like Fables 30 and 35 and near the end

Sign in to comment in this discussion.