Could the upcoming Fables comic sequel Everafter be the new Season 2 to The Wolf Among Us?

So apparently the creators of the The Wolf Among Us comic series have been given the go ahead to create a sequel series to Fables titled Everafter.

This new series will take place after the events of issue 150 and will focus on old favourites as well as some of the lesser used characters of Fables like Bo Peep and Connor Wolf. It involves an organisation comprised of both Fable and Mundy operatives who must ensure that a new villain doesn't use the power of the Homelands to cause chaos (or something along those lines)

The idea of this comic is like a dream come true to a die-hard Fables fan like myself. HOWEVER, I didn't really enjoy TWAU comic so in the back of my mind I'm afraid they will butcher the series in some way. Then again, they have been given the full support and blessing from Fables creator Bill Willingham (who sadly won't be working on this new series)

Anyways!

Could this new comic series open doors for TWAU S2? Or will TellTale come up with an entirely new series set in the glorious Fables world?

What do we all think???

Comments

• Meh, not really looking forward to this, if I'm honest. I've stated my reasons. I think they should leave the ending as it is and call it good. Some of the characters listed for story plots does not interest me. Hansel? Really? And out of all of Bigby and Snow's kids, we pick Connor? Why...because he's the one that become a hero? Meh. (shrugs shoulders) I guess if they wish to continue and Bill obviously gave them the thumbs up, this will be a good read for those that are die hard fans for the comic and were not ready to see it end. Me, however, will not be partaking in this journey. I enjoyed the comic too much to see another revival of the series, in hopes of continuing a series that ended on a wonderful note with many closures. TWAU comic was so bad, I still can't get over it....I will not be reading this but know some that will give it a go. Hopefully it's to your liking, as to the many others. :)

• Hey man how you been?!! We need to chat sometime soon :D

Well Connor is the most active out of the bunch given that Ambrose is a pacifist of sorts and Blossom never leaves her hunting world etc. I thought Hansel fucking died anyways?!

Don't get me wrong dude, I have a whole bunch of doubts about the series, but if it's done right then I don't see any harm in at least trying to continue it. More Bigby and Snow is always appreciated in my book :)

Though after reading your comment, I'm agreeing more and more with you. The series did end on a perfect note. But then again this is more or less an interim series, it's a "what happened in-between" sort of thing.

Maybe I'm just trying to make it sound better haha

pudding_pie posted: »

Meh, not really looking forward to this, if I'm honest. I've stated my reasons. I think they should leave the ending as it is and call it go

• I get where you are coming from inregards to the kids but I guess out of all the cubs, Connor was the least of my concern or had an ounce of my interest. Guess the writers saw potential in his plot, which is a good thing for those that enjoy characters as such.

As for Hansel, I thought the same thing; Old Sam pushed him off a cliff during the fables crossover but guess there was opportunity to bring him back because he's a fable and they're difficult to kill? Not sure....

Having too much of a good thing can be bad sometimes. Granted, there is a HUGE gape between the discovery of fables up until the ending with the reunion of Snow and Rose but still...does it really matter, is my question. I honestly think it's fine how it ended; my main concern of the comic HAD their happily ever after. I could give a rat's ass about Bo Peep, Hansel or anything else that 'may have occured' during this time. But again, that's just me. :)

HazzatheMan posted: »

Hey man how you been?!! We need to chat sometime soon Well Connor is the most active out of the bunch given that Ambrose is a pacifist o

• IF they make a second Season I do not think that it will be directly related to Everafter.

• Fair enough, he was the least focused on in the main series...

I'm confused about this one as well :/

That's fair enough. I'll at least see how the series goes before I make a final judgement.

• I don't know if this comic means a second season but who knows. Id like to check this out and see for myself but I can also see the points others before me made. Fables did end beautifully. I just wish some of the fables they listed or plan on having stories focused on were different. Maybe ones from the game?

Oh and @pudding_pie would you like me to tell you my opinion when I do read it or are you better off not even knowing? Just a question my friend. :)

• edited July 2016

1) If they were gonna make a spy thriller, it would have been much better to focus story on Bigby and Cindy's exploits during war times (which they did to some extent with Cindy with her own spin-off volumes, but with Bigby, we've only had brief glimpses in early volumes of Fables, and barely touched on them).

2) Characters don't seem really interesting. Bo Peep? Peter Piper? Hansel, and Connor Wolf? Meh. If we were to compare this to boxing (Which I'm no expert of in any way), I'd say the MCs of the previous main Fables series (such as Bigby, Snow, Charming, Beauty, Beast, Pinocchio, Boy Blue etc etc) feel like Heavyweights, while the four MCs listed (Bo Peep, Peter Piper, Hansel, Connor Wolf) feel more like Lightweights.

And really, as someone who had bias towards Bigby and Snow (with them being my favourite characters throughout the whole series), would I really be satisfied with just seeing them have a cameo role (that is, if writers are even considering it)? Of course not!

The 4 characters they're using as main characters just don't seem that interesting/engaging/compelling enough (which was one of my concerns with them continuing the series after the last issue - they just killed so many of their most interesting/popular characters off in the last few volumes).

3) TWAU comic doesn't inspire much confidence - I don't know whether Willingham's words of blessing were real sincere support, or mere lip-service, but in all honesty the comic felt really like a Hit and Miss overall (to me, I thought there were more misses than hits, though others can have different opinion).

Regardless, since this has Fables name still following it, I'll most likely get it, but my enthusiasm for the new series is LOW.

As for whether this will open doors for TWAU season 2, well while I still think TWAU Season 2 for Telltale is dead (until official announcement is made, that is my stance), I'd say with the new series announcement, there may be more chance for Season 2 to happen in comics form (like they did with finished TV shows like Buffy and Angel etc)

• Oh I missed you, good friend :)

CoolGuyJ posted: »

1) If they were gonna make a spy thriller, it would have been much better to focus story on Bigby and Cindy's exploits during war times (whi

• Sorry, that I haven't been around so much.

Between being swamped with work, and trying to catch up to TV shows and movies, I didn't get much chance to come around to the forums. But I'll try to come more often :)

HazzatheMan posted: »

Oh I missed you, good friend

• I haven't heard too much about this; however, I'm going to assume the Geppetto's plot and Charming's war against Sinbad are going to be completely forgotten about going by the description. Otherwise, there isn't too much to take away from it and it isn't leaving me overly excited either based on the characters it will supposedly center around. But hey, we'll have to wait and see.

• Good man :)

CoolGuyJ posted: »

Sorry, that I haven't been around so much. Between being swamped with work, and trying to catch up to TV shows and movies, I didn't get much chance to come around to the forums. But I'll try to come more often

• Finally, someone else who remembers those 2 little plot details that got left up in the air at the end of the series! I hope they at least touch upon them in some way...

So long as Bigby and Snow appear in it then I'll be happy :P

Dawnbreaker posted: »

I haven't heard too much about this; however, I'm going to assume the Geppetto's plot and Charming's war against Sinbad are going to be comp

Sign in to comment in this discussion.