What was your strategy at the end of Episode 6?

Mine was:

• Chose Ser Royland as your Sentinel for his passion.
  • Ambushed Ludd's family to try to end the war.
  • Helped Cotter end his suffering.
  • Kept your integrity but lost Margaery's favor.
  • Stood up to Gryff regardless of consequence.

Instinct and Nobility.

Comments

• I always ends up with Cunning Strategy

• I realized we couldn't actually beat the enemy army and even if we killed ludd and gryff, they'd still probably tear down the gate and loot Ironrath anyway, so I went with actually trying to make peace with Gwyn's help. Which, somewhat ironically, seems to be the course of action which harms House Whitehill the most. You kill Gryff, Gwyn abandons her family to side with House forrester and you kill just as many enemy soldiers. So you kill ludd's son, run off with his daughter and escape from right under his army's nose. They'll probably write a bloody ballad about Asher for that

• I got the Cunning Strategy.

enter image description here

• Well that's cool, but what strategy did you get at the end of Episode 6?

HDD42 posted: »

I realized we couldn't actually beat the enemy army and even if we killed ludd and gryff, they'd still probably tear down the gate and loot

• Instinct and Nobility.

• Is that Jack Nicholson?

Poogers555 posted: »

I got the Cunning Strategy.

• Unwavering I forgot the last part

• edited July 2016
    • Duncan to avoid a suicidal open conflict. Blue
    • Butcher Cotter for the north grove. You know it CAN'T fall (trust Gregor to know what he's talkin about, it's his last words in pain so it's gotta be decisive). Blue
    • Told the Truth to margaery. It's the right thing plus Margaery dies anyway so she's pretty much useless in S1 and into S2 until her death. Red
    • Stayed down. It's the smart thing. Why anger an agressive, easily manipulated fool? I let him think he won and use that guard down to my advantage. I prepare my revenge while eating mud. It's fine by me. I forgot to mention the most important: he threatens to kill Talia otherwise. That was decisive to me. Right thing to do. Red
    • Wanted to marry Gwyn. With the influence she got on her father, the Forresters would not be slaves for long. Plus the murder thing was clearly suicide. You assassinate secretly, not openly. The red wedding only works if you got the men to make it work. And 1 vs 10 is not ok for Napoleon, let alone for me. Killing Ludd could only give Gryff, Gwyn and Harys the reasons to rightfully slaughter everyone for the backstab. And no 500 men won't run away like chickens with their heads cut off. They'll strike and easily overwhelm 50 men. Duh. Red
    • That gives a Cunning Strat ending. Fits my personality
  • Conviction

stitchfan08 posted: »

Unwavering I forgot the last part

• Amen to that, Asher

HDD42 posted: »

I realized we couldn't actually beat the enemy army and even if we killed ludd and gryff, they'd still probably tear down the gate and loot

• edited July 2016

Red choice usually means doing the right thing.
    Blue choice usually means doing the smart thing.
    Too much red? You're a noble martyr and House Forrester is in danger
    Too much blue and you're no better than a Whitehill. Your house will probably survive but at what cost? You put the House and power first, family second. For example interfering in other people's business in a rather illegitimate way like stopping beskha or not saving Ryon as Rodrik knowing he will die (thiking he will) are asshole things to do (no offense). I'd rather lose Ironrath than Talia or Ryon, and I'd rather be a brother than a lord.

• Fierce passion: you're fighting for justice. You're doing the right thing. Honour is better than life so e.g. one more Forrester dies: Mira.
    • Unwavering conviction: you're fighting for power and domination. The right thing doesn't mean shit. Family doesn't mean shit. You want the lord of House Forrester to crush his enemies by any means necessary and at any price necessary.
    • Everything else: it's balanced. Most players end up here, like me. You're fighting for your family first of all. You don't always sacrifice your interests to be nice, you're not an asshole either. And you want power too. Seems to be the most reasonable and fair way to do it, although you can be pretty smart, fair or dumb and end up with a balanced ending like Cunning strategy or Nobility.
  • edited July 2016

Does anyone know what those stats and colours mean though?

To answer the topic here's mine:
    Butchered Cotter, Lied to Margaery, Killed Ludd at his camp, Chose Duncan, Let her kill the slave master

Unwavering conviction (4 out of 5 blue)

• I think @Lord_Rodrik_Forrester already explained what they mean :)

Deytush posted: »

Does anyone know what those stats and colours mean though? To answer the topic here's mine: Butchered Cotter, Lied to Margaery, Killed Ludd at his camp, Chose Duncan, Let her kill the slave master Unwavering conviction (4 out of 5 blue)

• Oh sorry I couldn't recall my choises so I had to look them up while typing. His answer wasn't there then.

I think @Lord_Rodrik_Forrester already explained what they mean

• Look at the comment above your original one :)

Oh sorry I couldn't recall my choises so I had to look them up while typing. His answer wasn't there then.

• Thanks for the explanation! (And for making me somewhat feel bad)

Red choice usually means doing the right thing. Blue choice usually means doing the smart thing. Too much red? You're a noble martyr and H

• I know, it appeared when I refreshed.

Look at the comment above your original one

• making you feel bad wasn't my intent. Sorry about that man. It's just my interpretation, it's not like my words are necessarily pure Truth. Take it easy ;) It's just a game, Ryon :P

Thanks for the explanation! (And for making me somewhat feel bad)

• Nice explanation. I once made a thread where I talked about the Fierce Passion and Unwavering Conviction. I mentioned how Red choices always seems to be earning friendship and loyalty among family and friends at the risk of instability and ruin.

While the blue choices are ensuring the House's remains intact at the cost of losing your friends and family as well as your honor.

Red choice usually means doing the right thing. Blue choice usually means doing the smart thing. Too much red? You're a noble martyr and H

• edited July 2016
    • In defense of House Forrester you:

• Butchered cotter. a blue choice

• The "little white lie" to margaery is another blue choice
    • Thinking strategically as a lord to take out Lord Ludd Whitehill is a smart decision. Another blue choice.
    • Choosing Duncan is another smart choice to avoid an open war you can't win. Blue choice.

*Allowing beskha to make Dezor bleed to death was the right thing to do. Yet apparently at least not the smart one. Red choice.

*With 4/5 Blue, you must have an Unwavering Conviction I think. Or at the very least Cunning Strat like me.

I know, it appeared when I refreshed.

• Unwavering Conviction. And I let Beskha kill him because I was planning to tell the dragon queen about her past (which I did). You could say I'm all blue :P

* In defense of House Forrester you: * Butchered cotter. a blue choice * The "little white lie" to margaery is another blue choice *

• I was kidding. Actually I never change my decisions in Telltale games. I regret some but usually embrace them all so it's no problem :)

making you feel bad wasn't my intent. Sorry about that man. It's just my interpretation, it's not like my words are necessarily pure Truth. Take it easy It's just a game, Ryon :P

• edited July 2016

Thx man :)

• You made it even clearer. You just pointed it out in a pretty precise and concise way. Basically playing a TT Game is easier in terms of making choices if you already know consciously what you want. 4 me it was family. Not just because it's supposed to be an " important, wordly recognized american value", and I'll go beyond blood relationships: all the Forresters are adorable in this game, and I got attached to every single one of them real fast, real bad. So then it's not hard to be nice to them (for example thanking Talia for helping you up, for her care...)., and for me it's much more crippling to see one hurt (let alone die) than losing some ground to the Whitehills in terms of political influence or mere wealth. But then comes the question of honor and makes matters more difficult. My Mira died to save Tom, but as Rodrik I'd sacrifice Tom. Sort off family is more important than honour. The currently played Forrester is me and doesn't count as family. Hence Mira dies. Ahh. Telltale and its choices... :)

Nice explanation. I once made a thread where I talked about the Fierce Passion and Unwavering Conviction. I mentioned how Red choices always

• Glad you're fine :) About not changing decisions, I remember changing my decision about which brother shall survive, because I choose Asher stays behind when I though clicking him means Asher runs away. So I got a Rodrik ending and I hated it. So because of my gameplay misunderstanding I allowed myself to change that save of mine. Then my PC died and I had to restart all over so my new canon save is no cheat yet it's a bit different from the original. I'm just sayin maybe you could be more flexible. Technology force me to be more flexible :D

I was kidding. Actually I never change my decisions in Telltale games. I regret some but usually embrace them all so it's no problem

• edited July 2016

You apparently remember Elissa's words "You let Nothing stand in your way, you hear me? If you have to murder every single Whitehill down to the babes in their beds, you must do it. War often requires from a man more than he is ready to give. You must be ready. Promise me!". Haha :) Dude you're pretty ruthless. The Whitehills better Watch their butts coz you seem pretty determined to kick some ass :D lol. So your Rodrik and Mira surived, right? because mine didn't :(

Unwavering Conviction. And I let Beskha kill him because I was planning to tell the dragon queen about her past (which I did). You could say I'm all blue :P

• edited July 2016

Truth be told I replied her with "I'll kill anyone who stands in my way. I'll do whatever it takes." :D Even Cercei called me ruthless in special stats and Ramsay was proud of me :D

Well my Mira died and Rodrik survived. But Tom was no deciding factor as you might have guessed, I just didn't want Mira to be a slave.

You apparently remember Elissa's words "You let Nothing stand in your way, you hear me? If you have to murder every single Whitehill down to

• Well, it's not cheating if you accidentally did something and changed it (though I remember glassing someone by mistake and not changing it in another game :D)

Glad you're fine About not changing decisions, I remember changing my decision about which brother shall survive, because I choose Asher st

• edited July 2016

Yup, concerning Mira, Morgryn's disgusting "highborn female reproductor plan" also made me pretty sick. But I also thought about the thing that saving one innocent by sacrificing another is no good. Particularly considering Mira's alive thanks to her savior, the little coalboy Tom. So 4 me actually Tom was sort of a more decisive factor, but, not by much more decisive. Concerning Ramsay I'm proud of his hounds. They took their time while devouring him.

Truth be told I replied her with "I'll kill anyone who stands in my way. I'll do whatever it takes." Even Cercei called me ruthless in spec

• edited July 2016

The moment he said "It's befitting our betrothal is beginning in a cell" I decided to let Mira die with dignity :(

Tom was not doing it out of the kindness of his heart, he was forced by his employer. Him always popping up near Mira at convenient times and me not knowing what he wanted made him really hard to trust, throughout the game I was expecting him to stab me in the back. So I was unable to feel any gratitude towards him.

It only recently occurred to me that he was Queen of Thorns' spy to keep Mira and by extension her granddaughter out of trouble (I wasn't familiar with the show when I played the game for the first time).

His last moments were beautiful though. The dialogue about even the most loyal beast being "fed up" with their masters when not treated properly and Sansa's smirk was quite nice.

Yup, concerning Mira, Morgryn's disgusting "highborn female reproductor plan" also made me pretty sick. But I also thought about the thing t

• Wow you're pretty suspicious of others lol. Although in King's landing not being suspicious would be foolish. But when he saves Mira it's kind of hard for me to stay cold to him. And he ends up being truthful and trustworthy.

The moment he said "It's befitting our betrothal is beginning in a cell" I decided to let Mira die with dignity Tom was not doing it out

• I knew I didn't have the men to go head on with Whitehill so I:

Chose Duncan as Sentinel
    Ambushed Ludd's family to end the war
    Sacrificed Cotter to protect the North Grove
    Kept my integrity but lost Margery's favor (chose to marry Morgryn)
    Submitted to Gryff
    Sacrificed Asher to save Rodrick

Got cunning strategy

• Picked Ser Royland as my sentinel- I dunno, I just thought that the fact that he was more of a hard-ass than Duncan would have helped. Plus I liked the cut of his jib.

• I killed Ludd as Rodrik- I just figured it'd be more logical to kill the more competent leader, since Gryff is kind of a dipshit.

• I used Cotter's blood for blood magic I figured I'd make his death useful at least, since I liked his character

• Kept my integrity but lost Margery's favor

• First time, stood up to Gryff, second time I submitted I mean, come on. I know it's dumb if you don't submit, but if you stand up to him its so fucking cool. That scene had so much heart. "You gonna be a good cripple...and stay down?" FUCK NO I'm not!

Instinct and Nobility is what I got I'm pretty sure

• Chose Duncan as Sentinel. Royland is great, but Duncan was the best friend of Gregor, completely trustworthy, also, althought I like Royland, the man is suicidal. Duncan performs some nice moves when it comes to strategy.

I killed Ludd as Rodrik. Ludd was way more dangerous and competent than Gryff, so I get rid of him.

I used Cotter's blood for blood magic. As Gared, I seek power and good fights. He was dying either way, so I gave his death some meaning.

I lied in order to keep Margaery's favor. That was an obvious one, "Lady" Flowers is the one to blame here, she trusted me.

I stood up to Gryff. I could not afford to look even MORE weak at the time, also, it was Rodrik The Unbreakable we were playing with.

I got Uwavering Conviction and I am good with that.

• In the Defense of House Forrester you...

Elected Duncan Tuttle as your Sentinel for his diplomacy.

Abandoned your strategy to align with Gwyn Whitehill.

Helped Cotter end his suffering.

Kept your integrity but lost Margaery's favor.

Submitted to Gryff for the sake of peace.

You and 20.0% fought with Fierce Passion

Sign in to comment in this discussion.