Monkey Island: not displayed correctly.

edited July 2009 in Game Support
Hello,

I am having some sort of graphic issue with Tales of MI. My computer is a little old, but it meets the minimal requirements:

2.6 Ghz, 512 Mo RAM
Graphic card: GeForce 4 MX 400 128 Mo.

I am able to play Sam and Max season 1 and 2 without issues.

But when I launch tales of MI, I am having serious display issues. For example in the game menu, I only see the brown text (Start game, settings, exit...), but not the background images. If I go under setting, I don't see the arrows to go from one sub-menu to the other. I can only guess where they are, because the mouse cursor gets bigger. The quality setting is on 1, and I can not change it.

Does anyone out there have the same problem?

Samuel

Comments

• edited July 2009
    There are lots of similar rendering errors with DX8.1 class hardware.

If you look around on this sub-form you will see that ATi 9200/9250 (DX8.1 hardware I believe) does not display some of the textures and thus characters are partially invisible.

nVidia Ti4x00 seem to render the scene extremely darkly (DX8.1 hardware also I believe).

It seems that something may have broken backwards compatibility with these cards when they updated the engine for TMI. They are probably going to have to release a patch/update when they figure out what's going on. When/if this will happen, I have no idea.

That said, it seems your part may actually be DX7 (minimum requirement DX8.1, however many DX8.1 parts are not working correctly at the moment) so you may be out of luck.

When an actual Telltale employee comes along they may be able to help you. I believe they may be able to refund you.
  • edited July 2009
    Ok, Thanks for the answer.

I have seen in another thread that my old graphic card is indeed not DX 8.1 compatible, so that is the problem. Well I wanted to change my computer anyway...
This discussion has been closed.