Foreshadowing of Villain Appearances

With the first episode released, maybe we should discuss any foreshadowing of possible villains that Batman will encounter.

1. With the next episode being called Children of Arkham, we might see an appearance of Harleen Quinzel (before she became Harley Quinn), and/or Hugo Strange. The most common aspect for the latter, is that he's a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum. Makes me wonder how at least one of them will react to the possibility of Arkham shutting down.
  2. Oz's conversation with Bruce made me feel that he'll turn into The Penguin very soon.
  3. There was a news report about a burning blaze at Ace Chemicals. And that there's a chemical that drove a cop insane at the warehouse. Speaking of which, that massacre looked like something that a certain clown would do. That explosion could be made from the chemicals that created the Joker. ... And Falcone claims that he had nothing to do with the massacre. But I'm not sure if he's telling the truth, or not.
  4. Since Gordon is still lieutenant, we might see Commissioner Loeb.

Comments

• if you read the news reports grogan is actually the commissioner so loeb must've been forced to exit

• We could see Scarecrow, because those barrels were filled with nerve agents.

• Or maybe Firefly is behind the Ace Chemicals blaze? Would make sense...

• I was thinking Firefly as well.

Laurens008 posted: »

Or maybe Firefly is behind the Ace Chemicals blaze? Would make sense...

• Doubt it. Because I don't think Jonathan Crane will appear. Or that he became Scarecrow already.

We could see Scarecrow, because those barrels were filled with nerve agents.

• Sounds like it could be possible? He might be experimenting on the patients at Arkham.

We could see Scarecrow, because those barrels were filled with nerve agents.

• Harleen Quinzel would be nice and I would like to see Joker and maybe some other guys that are locked behind these doors.

With Cobblepot starting something like a war in Gotham it could be a story of how he actually became "The Penguin".

For the Ace Chemicals I was thinking about Firefly or Joker as well, but I guess it'll just be one of Oz's plots.

• If the Joker ever shows up, Telltale had better not adapt the same method of endlessly teasing him like the TV show GOTHAM did. People get fed up with that approach fast.

Christopher Nolan got it right with the character: Offer a peek of things to come, and then deliver in the next installment.

• The burning factory of chemicals and fun loving type of Oz gave me a little idea. What if Oz becomes a Joker at the end of the season?

• I was thinking that with the chemicals that caused the cop in the warehouse to rip apart one of the goons with his bare hands meant that we would see Scarecrow sometime soon.

• I had the seem sneaking suspicion. His personality is incredibly theatrical in this version... VERY Joker-esque.

Gentlemann posted: »

The burning factory of chemicals and fun loving type of Oz gave me a little idea. What if Oz becomes a Joker at the end of the season?

• During one of the Jack Ryder news segments, we hear about a pair of twins breaking out of Arkham Asylum. Episode 2 is "Children of Arkham", so I imagine they might be involved. I don't remember what their names were, but I did a quick Google search to see if they were in the Batman mythos. Seems like Telltale might be leaving their mark on the franchise by introducing brand-new villains.

• If we see Scarecrow, I called it.

• edited August 2016

the chemical that infected the cop made him strong enough to kill someone with his bare hands which makes me think venom and bane will make an appearance and could be the mastermind behind this, add to the fact that in the comics there was a plotline where he was possibly thomas waynes estranged son and the mercs looked kinda like luchadors at a certain angle

• edited August 2016

If/when Harvey becomes Two-Face, I'm hoping our interactions with him throughout the episodes will pay off. One way or another, he'll probably turn into a villain. He's always been a tragic character that way. But what we might be able to tailor is our personal relationship with Harvey. None of this "Alfred scolds Bruce for beating somebody up no matter what you do" B.S.; Telltale has to make our moments with Harvey COUNT by the end.

For example, treating Harvey right throughout the episodes could result in longer dialogue exchanges with Two-Face that wouldn't be available if you simply shut him out at every opportunity prior to his transformation. Maybe the "ultimate decision" in this season will come when we choose whether to tell Harvey our secret identity or not. This might not result in a drastically different outcome for Two-Face, but it would change the content of the final scene with Two-Face in radical ways. Telltale should look to this little exchange between Bruce and Harvey in an episode of the classic animated series for inspiration:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.