Telltale's own fable universe (?)

I don't know if someone has said this before (someone probably has but I just couldn't find anything ) but I came up with the idea while taking a crap. What if dc gave telltale its own fables universe? How awesome would that be? Dc gave them their own universe with batman, maybe they can do it for wolf too? I understand that this might be different since there have been thousands of batman comics and universes so dc didn't care for just another batman universe by telltale. From what I've understood there's only 1 fable universe with just one 150-issue run so the creators might not exactly like this idea. Would you guys like something like this? Let's be real, it's not going to happen but one can only dream. :( :(

Comments

• If something like this were ever to happen, I would be all for it. Making video games canon has never served any purpose other than attracting fanbase. It doesn't do any good to the story whatsoever, but it does impose serious limitations on writers and reduces creative freedom, makes some of the twists predictable, gives characters plot armour and on and on, hence why I'm against canons in any form or manifestation. Once it's gone, the possibilities are truly boundless.

• I like the idea but honestly I think it's too late. They already set a game inside the universe.

• I kinda doubt it would happen, Bill Willingham (the creator of Fables) has made it very clear he wants only his one universe portrayed.

Infact, he wants it so unchanged that Fables has been pitched as a Tv show a few times but he didnt allow it to happen because they wanted to make changes.

• Yeah, I'd certainty support it, as the whole canon to the comics just restricts Telltale from creative control. The first forum discussion I ever made on this website was literally the same as the above post, but unfortunately, it won't happen... sighs

• Well, here's where I step in.

Technically speaking, there are 2 Fables universes: the main one we see in game and the comics. But there is another...

For an issue of a comic series called The Unwritten, there was a special crossover with the Fables comics that depicted an alternate reality.

In this reality, Mr Dark won his war against Fabletown, claimed Snow as his bride and chained Bigby up in a dungeon. The surviving Fables (mostly the 13th Floor witches) called upon the help of the main characters from The Unwritten to help them.

The crossover ends with victory, but much loss too...

Who knows? Maybe it isn't such a far cry.

• edited August 2016

but I came up with the idea while taking a crap.

As most great ideas start...

• I like this idea, there is no need to be restricted by the comics

• It does, since there's only one canon, unlike with Batman.

Journey95 posted: »

I like this idea, there is no need to be restricted by the comics

• Would never happen, especially since the game has already been established in the Fables canon.

Besides, it wouldn't be up to WB or DC, it would be up to Bill Willingham and he prefers it being tied to canon.

Besides, it only works if it's tied to the Fables canon, otherwise Telltale should just make their own original story with fairy tale characters.

• otherwise Telltale should just make their own original story with fairy tale characters

When I first saw aTWAU advertised on PSN, I actually thought this was the case haha

BullseyeRey posted: »

Would never happen, especially since the game has already been established in the Fables canon. Besides, it wouldn't be up to WB or DC, i

• Yeah, glad you mentioned the Unwritten crossover (wouldn't be my favourite book, but certainly has some nice visuals; especially with Bigby's Huff-and-puff action).

And I agree wither Poogers that it's not very likely to happen (since Willingham wants one consolidated Fables universe) - but if for some reason it is possible, I'd much prefer the TWAU game universe rather than TWAU comic universe (though some additions were alright, I wasn't too happy with some alterations from the game).

HazzatheMan posted: »

Well, here's where I step in. Technically speaking, there are 2 Fables universes: the main one we see in game and the comics. But there i

• Oh do tell!

CoolGuyJ posted: »

Yeah, glad you mentioned the Unwritten crossover (wouldn't be my favourite book, but certainly has some nice visuals; especially with Bigby'

• edited September 2016

Sorry for the Off-Topic comment but you came up with this idea while taking a crap?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.