Please stop making games with unskippable cutscenes/intros.

This is a great game, TTG; I can't wait to see how it ends. But I'm pretty sure (despite being in my early-30s and in good health) that I will die of old age before I get there. Seriously, no more "previously on..." or massive conversations with one or two chances to chime in with utterly meaningless choices.

Comments

• edited August 2016

I understand how you feel if you are finishing the game in a short period of time. But still, with weeks or months between episodes, the intros are almost necessary to bring players back to speed. Although I do agree that a skip option for this should be easy to implement and would be nice.

As for skipping cut-scenes, I don't know. You can get a little bit of information about the plot and characters during cut-scenes. The game would also feel a little clunky if you just skipped from one area to the next with little explanation. They also give you a second to breathe after a major event. Either way, cut-scenes are kind of Telltale's style.

I'm sorry that these things are kind of ruining the experience for you. I've only played a few games, and I love them all. I'd suggest just trying to sit back and enjoy the cut-scenes, because I don't think those are going any time soon. As for the "previously on...", I think a skip option might be available in the future. I don't see any reason not to, for the intro, at least.

• Okay, skipping the next time is fine, but if you're playing a Telltale game and you find yourself wanting to literally skip scenes because you dont find it exciting at that moment, its kinda ruining the point. You dont watch a Tv show and go, well nothing much is happening, lets fastforward and hope I dont miss an important plot point!

• Not much point in adding a skip option to an on average 120 minute per-episode-game when the majority of it is composed out of said cut-scenes. A skip option after the first time playing? Perhaps.

• Given long term play throughs are not at all unreasonable and many people seem to prefer playing all the episodes at once, you should be able to skip both "next time" and "previously on"

However, all other cut scenes and dialogue, well, you're missing the point of the company's entire line of games if you want to skip those...

• Guys, please don't feed the troll.

• This opinion is entirely valid and I support it. I just started playing these games and I find them entirely enjoyable. However, if I have to stop playing for a couple hours and the game gets dumped from memory (on mobile) and starting up I have to sit through 10 minutes of story scenes and decisions I've already made and remember the story of, does that make it a better experience?
    These games are like interactive movies. But even a home movie has a fast-forward feature. I wouldn't want to fast forward the first time I watched it but if I have to stop for some reason in the middle of it, I'd like to be able to fast forward to that point again. It doesn't have to be exactly like that but being able to skip parts already watched before the next save point would be very welcome.
    Its just an option. It does not affect you or the way you play. Travelers Tales has a similar feature in it's Lego games. The first time it's played through, you cannot skip. Every time after, it can be. Whats wrong with that?

• But if you can skip the "next time", Telltale could not tease us with the mega important Tector & Jimbo Hodunk scene, again and again!!!

Demarcoa posted: »

Given long term play throughs are not at all unreasonable and many people seem to prefer playing all the episodes at once, you should be abl

• edited August 2016

100% agree with this. Let people play how they want to, they should let you skip dialogue like in their older games, it hurts no one, it's for fast readers who don't want to listen to the VA finish saying it when they've already read it. It would also be useful for second playthroughs.

• How is he a troll?

ralo229 posted: »

Guys, please don't feed the troll.

• I understand how you feel if you are finishing the game in a short period of time. But still, with weeks or months between episodes, the intros are almost necessary to bring players back to speed.

not for people who tend to play a season in one go

Kenny726 posted: »

I understand how you feel if you are finishing the game in a short period of time. But still, with weeks or months between episodes, the int

• They will never get rid of that stuff. TT likes to think they're making little movie/tv shows. Letting you skip, in their mind, ruins the art of what they're doing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.