My Challenge to You

Do you carefully study every spoiler/tweet on telltale? Do you watch the trailers the instant they come out? Then this challenge is for you. Let me explain:
Previously, I have studied every spoiler/trailer for every episode. For example, I watched the trailer for episode 7 many times, slowed down. I found many details, such as Harper's name, the fact that Jesse can switch between mobs in virtual reality, ect. I always thought this was fun. But... then I was watching Stampy's play-through of Ep. 7. He had only seen a couple tweets on telltale, not the trailer. He seemed much more amazed when emerging through the portal, and actually had to discover for himself that PAMA was mind controlling everyone. I realized that the choices given to you make more sense when you have no clue what will happen next. You experience the discovery of hopping through the portal and not knowing what's on the other side.
Therefore, I challenge anyone who usually watches the trailer to avoid the temptation. Play through the episode without knowing what is up the stairs. And please let me know if you do take this challenge, and after the episode we can discuss how much of a difference it makes. Thank you for your time! And have fun playing Episode 8 when it comes out, challenge or not! :)

Comments

• It will be hard but...Challenge: Accepted

• I have really bad self control but I will try! I'll probably fail though because I'm so hyped to find out what happens XD

• Trailers are the only thing that makes me hype its so hard not to watch because this is my favorite series out of all the telltale games I played (well maybe the walking dead was) but I will try not to probably only if it gets released two days after the trailer.

• I never watch the trailers, but I do look at the teasers. Although Episode 7 basically got spoilled for me as my youtube page, and occasionally looking at the forums made me know pretty much everything featured in the trailer.

• Yeah, I've learned the hard way not to look at youtube channels or forums until I've played the episode myself. Rueben's death was spoiled for me from youtube covers.

Super1710 posted: »

I never watch the trailers, but I do look at the teasers. Although Episode 7 basically got spoilled for me as my youtube page, and occasionally looking at the forums made me know pretty much everything featured in the trailer.

• I have bad self control too when it comes to MCSM... But this could be our last chance to play an episode without spoilers! Lets do this!

AngelicTea posted: »

I have really bad self control but I will try! I'll probably fail though because I'm so hyped to find out what happens XD

• You see, when the trailer for Episode 8 comes out, I won't watch it. I don't want to know what happens in the last episode of the series.

• Yeah, I'll do it. I played episode 7 late, and I knew basically everything that happened before I played the episode thanks to this forum. It'll be a neat experience to not watch the trailer this time around. Good idea!

• :)

kmatie posted: »

Yeah, I'll do it. I played episode 7 late, and I knew basically everything that happened before I played the episode thanks to this forum. It'll be a neat experience to not watch the trailer this time around. Good idea!

• It's pretty impossible to hide from trailers or teasers when all hi want is the release date

• *when all you want

CryingOnion posted: »

It's pretty impossible to hide from trailers or teasers when all hi want is the release date

• edited August 2016

I thought about that. To find the release date, go to the telltale "community" instead of "news". The title of the ep. 8 waiting thread should have the release date. This way you can see the release date with no spoilers (as long as you don't go looking in other threads)

It's pretty impossible to hide from trailers or teasers when all hi want is the release date

• CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Cant wait for it....

• edited September 2016

:)

• Great challenge! I'll take it. I already has my thoughts on what it'll be about, but from now on I'll stay away from tweets, trailers, teasers and the waiting thread in general. Great idea!

• Thanks!

captainivy1 posted: »

Great challenge! I'll take it. I already has my thoughts on what it'll be about, but from now on I'll stay away from tweets, trailers, teasers and the waiting thread in general. Great idea!

• Thanks to everyone for commenting/taking part in my challenge! This is my first discussion (well, technically 2nd, my first one was just asking why the game wasn't working on my computer) So each and every comment makes me happy! And remember, after the episode we can discuss if it really makes a big difference playing without spoilers. :)

• I like the idea!
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

• edited August 2016

I also hope the episode comes out not long after the trailer. If it takes too long I might take a peek... Just kidding. But it would be hard!

Creeper1846 posted: »

Trailers are the only thing that makes me hype its so hard not to watch because this is my favorite series out of all the telltale games I p

• This is a great Challenge so..... Challenge Accepted

• I am I-Love-MCSM-Music's brother. That's why I'll be taking the challenge!

• Thanks!

Now to find a way to avoid spoilers on tumblr...

I thought about that. To find the release date, go to the telltale "community" instead of "news". The title of the ep. 8 waiting thread shou

• Oh trust me. Playing without spoilers or watching the trailers adds a whole new sense of wonder. I played episodes 5 and 6 without watching the trailers, and it was amazing. Then I played episode 7 after watching a trailer, not all that fun.

Thanks to everyone for commenting/taking part in my challenge! This is my first discussion (well, technically 2nd, my first one was just ask

• Yeah I had the game but for some reason I didn't play it, I just watched CaptainSparklez play it. But for some reason I skipped Episode 4...then when I decided to play through it was a big surprise :( :(

• edited September 2016

Although I remember before Episode 6 was released I went in the forums and did what you said and unintentionally found out about The White Pumpkin.

I thought about that. To find the release date, go to the telltale "community" instead of "news". The title of the ep. 8 waiting thread shou

• I usually skip out on last episode's trailers anyways, but I usually read tweets and such. I'll take your challenge.

• Belive me or not i never watch any trailer to this game and i am not going to start
    SCREW TRAILERS

• Boy those corrections and predictions, right? They always make you type the wrong cranberry.

*when all you want

• Darn!

Boy those corrections and predictions, right? They always make you type the wrong cranberry.

• Challenge: Accepted. :)

• I'll avoid the trailer at all costs. I realized that the latest few trailers have been spoiling some important stuff, not to mention it doesn't feel as epic as it was on the trailers for the first 4 episodes, and it made way too clear what was going to happen.

Ep4's trailer was not only epic, but it was mysterious, you didn't know why you were going to the Far Lands, why everyone was running in a corridor that was being destroyed, where in the world was that purple-ish place located on (ik it's inside the Wither Storm's body)... but from Ep5 onwards, it wasn't really epic, and it made things too clear.

But i did avoid Ep5's trailer, and the episode was absolutely fantastic. I avoided Ep6's trailer, loved it, and i realized it would have spoiled TorqueDawg's death. I watched Ep7's trailer, and, the episode was still fun, but not as fun as the others.

• Ok, I'll suffer!
    Challenge accepted :D

• ok.......... ILL TAKE IT

• I already accepted the challenge but waiting for this episode is killing me I might fail but I might succeed if the trailer comes out same day as the episode because I rather play the episode first and have a big surprise. Plus I think telltale will want to hype it so I think trailer the 13th so I SHALL SUCCEED!

• THIS TUESDAY

SOON

• The trailer might not even by out by 7:00 am.

• I WILL CUS I WILL NEVER OPEN THE YOUTUBE IN 13TH OF SEPTEMBER >:D

• Yes no trailer today I'm going to play episode 8 early in the morning so no reason to watch trailer of the episode is already out I'll watch the trailer after i play the episode so I think I did it!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.