Tales from the Borderlands bugs (Forced to rewind and overheating issues)

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, I'm new to this forums and do not know where the search button is, so I'm sorry if it has.

In Episode 5 - Chapter 3: "Don't Panic, Just Run", right where August interrupts Finch's and Kroger's plan to steal the Gortys upgrade and abandon them, a fight scene starts and there is the possibility to die. If this happens, the game forces you to reload, and if you do, the entire chapter starts again but the characters aren't moving at all, like they enter some kind of idle state. You end up locked up there unless you rewind to or before Chapter 2: "Escape from Helios". I have tried deleting my saves and replaying the game, but the problem persists. If this helps, I bought the game through GOG. It's not a huge issue, but I understand that some people may find this annoying so I feel like I need to say it.

The other issue I also experienced, is that the game constantly makes my Laptop overheat and shut down. I know that Laptops aren't ideal at all for gaming, but sadly I don't have any other choice but to use it for the time-being. This never happened with any other game before. I tried cleaning and uninstalling programs from my Laptop using Piriform's CCleaner, defragging the hard drive using Piriform's Defraggler, checking for threats using AVG: Internet Security, disabling CPU Core Parking, turning off Prefetch and deleting it's folder's contains and starting Windows with Clean-Boot. Unfortunately, no dice.

This is my system:

Laptop Manufacturer: Toshiba.
Laptop Model: L50D-B-13L.
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit.
CPU: AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics. x64 based processor.

• Cores: 4
  • Threads: 4
  • Code Name: Mullins
  • Package: Socket FT3 (BGA769)
  • Family: F
  • Extended Family: 16
  • Model: 0
  • Extended Model: 30
  • Stepping: 1
  • Revision: ML-A1
  • Instructions: MMX (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, SSE4A, AMD 64, NX, VMX, AES, AVX
  • Virtualization: Supported, Disabled
  • Hyperthreading: Not supported
  • Bus Speed: 99.8 MHz
  • Stock Core Speed: 1800 MHz
  • Stock Bus Speed: 100 MHz

RAM: 8,00 GB (6.96 usable).

• Type: DDR3
  • Channels: Single
  • DRAM Frequency: 798.4 MHz
  • CAS# Latency (CL): 11 clocks
  • RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD): 11 clocks
  • RAS# Precharge (tRP): 12 clocks
  • Cycle Time (tRAS): 28 clocks
  • Bank Cycle Time (tRC): 39 clocks

GPU: AMD Radeon R5 M230 Series.

• Manufacturer: ATI
  • Model: AMD Radeon R5 M230 Series
  • Device ID: 1002-6665
  • Subvendor: Toshiba (1179)
  • GPU Clock: 300.0 (855.0) MHz
  • Crossfire: Disabled
  • Driver version: 16.150.2211.0
  • Memory Type: DDR3
  • Memory: 2048 MB
  • Bandwidth: 14.4 GB/s

Temperatures under normal circumstances:

CPU: 48 °C.
GPU: 51 °C.
Motherboard: 54 °C.
HDD: 39 °C.

I'm sorry for the really long post. I hope this gets fixed. Thanks for reading! : - D

Comments

This discussion has been closed.