Jersey and JOF?

So if jersey died in twau comics why was there a fable who looked like the original depiction of the jersey devil? is it possible jersey in the game is a copy made be revise similar too johann?

Comments

• I stopped reading the Wolf Among Us comics because all it did was ruin the main game by adding new stuff that made no sense, I really wouldnt think about it that much.

• But even ignoring the comic this jersey doesn't look like the one in golden boughs

Poogers555 posted: »

I stopped reading the Wolf Among Us comics because all it did was ruin the main game by adding new stuff that made no sense, I really wouldnt think about it that much.

• Tbh I don't view TWAU comic as the true canon to the main series...

• TWAU comic was just a mess...it was just a reason to rewrite the game, in my opinion.

• Well it was written by the series creator but this really ain't about the comic he appears in the game yet in Jack of fables a jersey devil is at Golden boughs i'm just wondering whats up with that

HazzatheMan posted: »

Tbh I don't view TWAU comic as the true canon to the main series...

• I read a little bit of it, and I agree. Sometimes they don't even add stuff and just change dialogue from what it was.

I stopped reading the Wolf Among Us comics because all it did was ruin the main game by adding new stuff that made no sense, I really wouldnt think about it that much.

• This

pudding_pie posted: »

TWAU comic was just a mess...it was just a reason to rewrite the game, in my opinion.

• By series creator you don't mean Bill Willingham right? This comic was written by Matthew Sturges and Dave Justus; now yes Sturges has written some of the spin-off issues for the Fables series but he didn't work on the main series...

Bill had no hand in this adaptation.

Tbh I don't view TWAU comic as the true canon to the main series...

• Intresting bbut still how do you think jersey ended up at golden boughs?

By series creator you don't mean Bill Willingham right? This comic was written by Matthew Sturges and Dave Justus; now yes Sturges has writt

• edited September 2016

They didn't ruin the game. All the comic does is add details to the story, and present it in a more linear way. I tell you, I just don't understand that hate. I get that not everyone likes comics or adaptions but this argument is right up there for me with saying a remake of a movie somehow ruined the original film.

• edited September 2016

I don't see how they rewrote the game. Most of whats in the game is in the comic, they just added more to the story. It doesn't affect the game whatsoever, its just a way to expand details. If that doesn't work for you, and it seems it didn't, you still have the game.

TWAU comic was just a mess...it was just a reason to rewrite the game, in my opinion.

• As I stated above, it was just my opinion inregards to a 'rewrite' of the comic. No, it didn't change the game itself but a lot of things the comic included, was odd and felt out of place. The addition of certain parts and the 'story' it added was a mess. Did I want it word for word? Absolutely not but the train wreck I received was difficult to accept. I understand it was a reason to expand the characters and plot but even they failed to do that; we got nothing on Jersey, Georgie, Vivian or why the Crooked Man became involved. We got PAGES on Mary and the odd story to Faith. Was all that really necessary? I loved the game but could have done without the comic. You loved the comic and that's fine. :)

To me, this whole comic reminded me of topics you'd find in a fanfiction.

KCohere posted: »

I don't see how they rewrote the game. Most of whats in the game is in the comic, they just added more to the story. It doesn't affect the g

• Jersey's treatment pissed me off tbh

As I stated above, it was just my opinion inregards to a 'rewrite' of the comic. No, it didn't change the game itself but a lot of things th

• I actually agree with you. Did they have to kill him? And why no backstory to his involvement with the Crooked Man? WHY did he choose Jersey? Did these two have a past? Did the CM have dirt on Jersey as well? Or a debt that he owed and could not pay off? These are things I would have loved to see but it never happened.

I liked Jersey and for the short amount of time I spent with him in the game, I was truly hoping the comic would shed some light on him and develop the Fable's character. Add some things we didn't get a chance to see or know. But again, it never happened. :(

zeke10 posted: »

Jersey's treatment pissed me off tbh

• Okay, you didn't get what you wanted from the story. I still think there is room to address those other characters and that's what I was expecting to happen moving forward with a season two. If you don't like the Mary stuff, I understand being frustrated by it. I personally enjoyed her backstory, and obviously so did the writers. But I find the hatred a little bit much (a train wreck?), and I just don't understand it. Even if I didn't love the comic, like I said, it doesn't change anything from what you loved about the game. Its obviously made for people who wanted to see some of the story expanded when a part two seems far off on the horizon.

As I stated above, it was just my opinion inregards to a 'rewrite' of the comic. No, it didn't change the game itself but a lot of things th

• Well i liked the story but hated how 2 new characters who weren't even in the game got more backstory than jersey

KCohere posted: »

Okay, you didn't get what you wanted from the story. I still think there is room to address those other characters and that's what I was exp

• This is what I keep sayonf to people who are like, "the game doesnt need a season two". There are so many characters and stories left to explore. Thats what I was anticipating, getting to see more on each character with continuations of the game and comic. Im still hoping for both and maybe some more backstory on Jersey too.

Well i liked the story but hated how 2 new characters who weren't even in the game got more backstory than jersey

• Well think of it this way:

This comic was written before TWAU was even an idea, and seeing as it is one of the spin-off comics, it was likely just an oversight on the developers part.

That is the only explanation I can give my friend...

Intresting bbut still how do you think jersey ended up at golden boughs?

• Well Jersey is still alive in the game so maybe one day he could return

theclanfan posted: »

I actually agree with you. Did they have to kill him? And why no backstory to his involvement with the Crooked Man? WHY did he choose Jersey

• I'd like that. :) Jersey was awesome.

Well Jersey is still alive in the game so maybe one day he could return

• edited September 2016

True guess him and tweeds bailed and he got caught

Well think of it this way: This comic was written before TWAU was even an idea, and seeing as it is one of the spin-off comics, it was likely just an oversight on the developers part. That is the only explanation I can give my friend...

• Hopefully. His lack of development was disappointing tbh

Well Jersey is still alive in the game so maybe one day he could return

• Considering you can either hit him with the candelabra or do nothing, I'd say he is still kicking.

The wiki (for some reason) labels him as 'Unknown' Which I don't get; he survived having Woody's axe AND a heavy object being smashed on top of him previously, so why would THAT object kill him???

theclanfan posted: »

I'd like that. Jersey was awesome.

• I found it interesting that Urban Legends were included into the universe!

Apparently not just characters from books are in the Fablesverse, but myths and legends too!!!

Hopefully. His lack of development was disappointing tbh

• So would bigfoot be a fable than?

I found it interesting that Urban Legends were included into the universe! Apparently not just characters from books are in the Fablesverse, but myths and legends too!!!

• I found a pic of the jersey devil in JOF but he looks more like what the sightings report
    enter image description here

• Good question. No one ever mentions it.

So would bigfoot be a fable than?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.