Congratulations, Telltale!

You managed to make a good history game about Minecraft.

I won't lie: I was very pissed when they announced this. I mean, so much great franchises and universes to make a game from. Avatar, LOTR, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Narnia, etc, and the go with MINECRAFT?

I refused to buy it. But, with my open mind, I came to the community and asked about the history, with no spoilers. And it's great. Congrats! You prove me wrong and have shuted my mouth.

Minecraft is one the best games of Telltale

And I was a hater a while ago.

Someone else had this experience about the Minecraft Story Mode? Was very skeptical before buying the game? Share your thoughts! :)

Comments

• Please moderators, don't close this thread!

• I wasn't going to buy the game, until my brother bought it me for Christmas. When I first played it, I was just like "dafaq is this" until I realised that the kinda slow start was building into a big, great story. Now I love the game to pieces!

• edited September 2016

Actually, yeah! Before MCSM, I hated Minecraft (mostly because of its fanbase, but also because my brother wanted to play Minecraft with me so much that I ended up hating the game xD). So when Telltale announced it, I was pretty pissed. But I still gave it a try, because it's Telltale and they got me into Borderlands and the Fables comics (TWAU). And thank god I did!! Minecraft Story Mode is one of my favorite Telltale games at the moment. (Considering I've loved all of their games except Michonne and the second season of The Walking Dead even though I was really into that game until the last three episodes).

• How could no one love TWDS2? That game is awesome!

Actually, yeah! Before MCSM, I hated Minecraft (mostly because of its fanbase, but also because my brother wanted to play Minecraft with me

• Yeah if said this on multiple threads before but I was kind of upset when they announced this but it's telltale they can make any bad series good (they did for borderlands in my opinion ) then I came to love this game for a rated E 10+ game I didn't know it could get so sad but it's probably the only kind of minecraft I would play.

• Same with me. When I first saw the game be announced, I told people that I might not play it and I've never been interested in the Minecraft games. But then, shortly after episode 2 was released, I decided to give it a chance and if I liked the first episode, I'd play the rest. But if I didn't, I'd delete from my PS4. It took me a while to get used to the Minecraft style of it of it, but what really got interested was the story. To this day, I'm still think of Remy from "Ratatouille" whenever I hear Male Jesse, and I chose to keep being Female Jesse after playing both Ep. 1. I'm really glad that I gave this game a chance and actually became another one of my favorite Telltale series.

• I never hated the idea, but I was definitely curious how they were going to pull it off, and after almost a year and 8 episodes later I can safely say they did a damn good job.

• edited September 2016

I love TWDG, but I was mostly disappointed by episode 4 and 5 because the characters and choices didn't matter that much (if not at all). I still believe in TWDGS3 though! I hope Telltale will make it as good as the first season this time :3

How could no one love TWDS2? That game is awesome!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.