dvd in computer wont work

edited July 2009 in Game Support
so i got me sbcg4ap dvd today, put it in my dvd playa, works like it should.
put it me computer, nothin happens.i even go to my computer and click on the dvd-rom drive. it opens to nothing. what do i do?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    so i got me sbcg4ap dvd today, put it in my dvd playa, works like it should.
    put it me computer, nothin happens.i even go to my computer and click on the dvd-rom drive. it opens to nothing. what do i do?

Give us some information on your system and we can look into it:

Please start dxdiag:
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Now you have two options to make it accessible for us. Pick the one that works best for you:
    1. If you know how, you can zip the file and attach it to a message.
    2. You can upload it to Rapidshare and copy the link to the file into a new message.
  • edited July 2009
    it works on my bothers lappy, witch is vista.
    the comp i tryd it on was xp.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    it works on my bothers lappy, witch is vista.
    the comp i tryd it on was xp.

Which is good. That's why we should look at your system's specification as described above.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009

Thanks.

Sadly I don't see why it should not work.

You could try updating your drives Firmware (be careful to choose the one for your model) and updating your Windows XP to SP3. Maybe SP3 that brings some new drivers that work better with your dvd-drive.

It's not related, but while you're at it you could update your sound card drivers.
    Those you use are from 2003.
  • edited July 2009
    allright then. thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.