MonkeyIsland101.exe has stopped working - well gee! Great!

edited August 2009 in Game Support
...all I did was try the first treasure hunt then download the wallpaper prize

Before anyone asks - yes I have shut down my machine and turned it back on again....it still doesn't work...

This is my first issue with the whole thing so hopefully it's not a catastrophic issue...please tell me it's not a catastrophic issue!!!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    OK - pesky forum pixies - it's fixed itself.....what did you do?!
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    DjNDB has developed super powers.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Shauntron wrote: »
    DjNDB has developed super powers.

How'd you know? :D
    No kidding, back when i was ~14 i fixed a computer by laying my hands on it.
    At least that's what it looked like for everyone including me. No idea what happened there.
    I guess it became telepathic now.
  • edited August 2009
    I've heard of the 'proximity fix' (that moment when you grab one of the guys out of IT to fix your workstation but as soon as they step foot within 3 feet of your desk you go 'oh. it didn't do that before') but seeing as I'm UK and you both aren't.....:p

EDIT: It did it again today...gotta be something to do with treasure hunt...<scratches head and wanders off to get a beer>
  • edited August 2009
    I'm having the same problem now. It started after I completed and downladed the reward for the second treasure hunt. Now when I start the game I get the same error (monkeyisland101.exe has stopped working). The error occurs after the Lucas Arts/Telltale splash screen.

Anyone have any ideas?
  • edited August 2009
    And after reproducing it a few times and without rebooting I am now able to launch the game with no problem.

Very strange.
  • FWZFWZ
    edited August 2009
    I have that problem also, completed the first treasure hunt, went to the website, after that i get this error :(
This discussion has been closed.