pRoBlEm wItH avatars.zip prize from t.hunt?

edited August 2009 in Site Support
anyone else have a problem unzipping avatars.zip?...or is it just me?!...:confused:

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I can unzip but the files don't seem to be of any use to me :S What are they actually for? and how do you open them?
  • edited July 2009
    haha Did you have problems with your caps lock button?
  • edited July 2009
    Scapetti wrote: »
    I can unzip but the files don't seem to be of any use to me :S What are they actually for? and how do you open them?

You upload one and use it as your forum avatar. I'm using one now, which you can see below my name -- though, for the life of me, I don't remember Abe Vigoda being in the game. Thanks Telltale!
  • edited July 2009
    ktrivedi99 wrote: »
    anyone else have a problem unzipping avatars.zip?...or is it just me?!...:confused:
    Try downloading it again with a download manager or with an Internet browser other than IE (Chrome will do good)
  • edited July 2009
    It's mispackaged. It's a ZIP file inside a GZIP wrapper. It may be that the web server is doing this but not providing the appropriate Content-Encoding header, so some browsers aren't automatically unpacking it.

Rename it to avatars.zip.gz and pass it to a utility that understands GZIP; I found 7-zip already understood it without the rename.

While we're on the subject of compatibility with browsers, Internet Explorer hasn't allowed scripts to initiate file downloads since the release of XP SP2 in 2004. You have to click the information bar to allow downloads on IE 7 and 8.
  • edited July 2009
    THANKS A MILLION!!! How the hell did you know that?!...it did the trick. :D
  • edited July 2009
    kruador wrote: »
    It's mispackaged. It's a ZIP file inside a GZIP wrapper. It may be that the web server is doing this but not providing the appropriate Content-Encoding header, so some browsers aren't automatically unpacking it.

Rename it to avatars.zip.gz and pass it to a utility that understands GZIP; I found 7-zip already understood it without the rename.

While we're on the subject of compatibility with browsers, Internet Explorer hasn't allowed scripts to initiate file downloads since the release of XP SP2 in 2004. You have to click the information bar to allow downloads on IE 7 and 8.

THANKS A MILLION!!! How the hell did you know that?!...it did the trick. :D
  • edited August 2009
    Ummm, that didnt help me at all. Is there anyone here that might have a link to an actual working version.
This discussion has been closed.