TOMI problems

edited July 2009 in Game Support
I'm trying to play TOMI, but the game is extremely slow, only a few frames a second. On top of this, the game menus are missing a lot of detail. When I first launch the game I can see the text for "New game" and so on, but it's over a black background and I can't see any of the non-text content on the menus, so the arrows for moving between the different pages of the settings menu aren't visible (I know they're there because the hotspots still work, clicking in the right place moves you from the game settings to the graphics settings).

My system is a laptop, running XP Home edition with an Intel Pentium M processor 1.70GHz and an Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    What quality level are you running the game on?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for bringing that one to my attention, NabaDwA :)

You should install the most recent Graphics chip drivers.

If that doesn't help share some system Information with us.

Please start dxdiag:
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Now you have two options to make it accessible for us. Pick the one that works best for you:
    1. If you know how, you can zip the file and attach it to a message.
    2. You can upload it to Rapidshare and copy the link to the file into a new message.
  • edited July 2009
    I've generated the dxdiag file, and uploaded it to:

http://rapidshare.com/files/262255965/DxDiag.txt.html

My graphics drivers seem to be up to date

Also, my problem seems to be identical to SlimmyG's in this thread:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10956

The graphical effects are the same. Does this mean my system is simply to old to handle the game? It worked fine for Sam+Max (both series) and Strong Bad, but I suppose you've upgraded the engine?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2009
    manigen wrote: »
    My graphics drivers seem to be up to date

Also, my problem seems to be identical to SlimmyG's in this thread:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10956

The graphical effects are the same. Does this mean my system is simply to old to handle the game? It worked fine for Sam+Max (both series) and Strong Bad, but I suppose you've upgraded the engine?

Yes, sadly there are no newer drivers than those from 2006.

Your problem looks similar, but according to intel your graphics chip supports DirectX 9.x and below, which should be sufficient.

You could try to run the game in low settings this way.

If that doesn't help write to support@telltalegames.com. maybe they can figure it out.
This discussion has been closed.