References in Season 2 Episode 6

edited February 2010 in Sam & Max
Did anyone notice the references to Tales of Monkey Island when Sam and Max were talking about the hear-say of the christmas party in hell's office after satan is fired. I'm sure I heard the name 'Marquis de Singe' but it went so fast that I'm not sure if it was something else!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    You mean episode 5?

That was the Marquis de Sade they were talking about, an 18th century French writer. I believe he wrote some really violent erotica, which is where the word sadism came from.

The name Marquis de Singe was also named after him, so it's more that both games are referencing the same thing than one is referencing the other. What's New Beelezebub? came out in May 2008 and I don't think Telltale got the rights to Monkey Island until early this year, so it's heavily unlikely that there'd be a Tales of Monkey Island reference in Sam & Max Season 2.
  • edited July 2009
    Oh okay, thanks! Yeah I'm new to telltale so I don't know much about the timeline of when they got Monkey Island etc.
  • edited February 2010
    The Star Wars reference was great in my opinion.
  • edited February 2010
    By the way. ToMI didn't have any Sam and Max references, right? Except that advertising at the very end, of course.

Dang...
  • edited February 2010
    ToMI had Banang.
  • edited February 2010
    And elf tears. And a clam that kind of looks a little bit like Max.
  • edited February 2010
    Isn't that because it's the same clam from "Moai Better Blues"?
  • edited February 2010
    It has two bits of coral behind it where his ears would be, I think.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.