Who here is thinking about quitting videogames all together, and why?

124»

Comments

• To go along with what you said, I honestly feel that videogames keep people trapped in a fantasy world, and keep them from focusing on what really matters in life.

• edited November 2016

Thank you, I agree. Ken Levine is my favorite game writer. His stories about Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite are incredible. His takes on tragic characters and not really villains, Andrew Ryan and The Shepherd are top notch. Booker and Jack were well written protagonists and the Big Daddy and Little Sister connection is genius. The Booker and Elizabeth connection was incredible. I cried at both endings by choosing the selfless options.

Con-Artist posted: »

Then I could also give up books and movies . I love good storytelling on every level. So I would never give up the chance for another good story.

• edited November 2016

Fictional dystopian societies tend to have that a lot. Is a guy worth the air they're breathing?

If you need somehow justify it, you can claim that the games like many other entertainment is educational. This can translate to eventually helping your society.

If you can afford to play games, that means you have earned your money to do so and that money is often earned by helping the society.

• I truly hope that one day i can understand your comments.

Clord posted: »

Fictional dystopian societies tend to have that a lot. Is a guy worth the air they're breathing? If you need somehow justify it, you can

• Video games are life for me.

• edited November 2016

Video games are fun and great entertainment if you play games right. If you play a game for 15 hours or more everyday, then that's destructive behavior.

• edited November 2016

Well to be clear, I don't think they're bad in and of themselves. But as you pointed out, it's when people spend enormous amounts of time on them, therein lies the problem.

Time is a very precious commodity. And one that people don't have nearly enough of.

Therefore why squander what you have one dumb trivial shit that has really no benefit to offer you?

If you're going to spend your time doing something, why not spend on something beneficial, like learning to play a sport, a musical instrument, reading a book, or learning a job skill?

• Here's your chance. Lol!

• I know. Most of my time I use on staring at the computer screen waiting for Telltale updates...

• I've been thinking about it a lot actually. I rarely play video games compared to when I once did.

1. I'm growing up. I have a full time job now and no time for games.
    2. Money. Now that I have to support myself, I have to put my money back.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.