Very bad bug in The Bogey Man - Third act (spoilers)

edited August 2009 in Game Support
I've played through the first half of the game quite smoothly, but now a loathsome bug is preventing me from going on: I've found the deed, the tournament has started, but I can't do anything! I keep moving from one tee to the other through the Technotrousers remote, but when Wallace asks me to find the right club to play, all I can see is the
:mad:*%&#!
pavement, and I have no choice but to open the inventory and use the
:mad:%§@$!
remote again. What should I do?

By the way, the first part was very good, gameplay/script wise. I do expect all these bugs to be fixed before the release of the DVD: I can stand the wee polygon cracks and the voice compression, but not this. Wallace & Gromit deserve more, and so do the players and everyone who put some passion in the development. Please do something about it.

Comments

• edited July 2009
  • edited July 2009
    Oh
    crapsicles
    . I don't have any bookmark (the automatic saving system is fine as long as the game works...). Guess I'll have to start all over again... Pretty nasty indeed. :(
    Thanks, Diduz!
  • edited July 2009
    I have the same problem. Very annoying.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, if anyone can provide a save file, we can track it down and hopefully fix it up.
  • edited July 2009
    Save file
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Ok, our programmer is looking into this with the save file. He said he loaded it up in that close-up view of the ground. Then he was able to walk around like that until he reached a camera change. From there he was able to actually select the clubs and play the hole. So that *may* get you through the problem without having to start over.

Hopefully that will get you through for now until we can actually track down a solution.
  • edited July 2009
    Will wrote: »
    He said he loaded it up in that close-up view of the ground. Then he was able to walk around like that until he reached a camera change:

Had the very same problem, and yes, walking downwards solved it - thanks for the hint!
  • edited August 2009
    Yup. Add another one who got whacked with this bug.

For what it's worth, my resolution is 1680 x 1050. Don't know if that will be of any value.
This discussion has been closed.