Fantastic. TT, you are great!

Telltale, you are my heroes! :)
I just finished W&Gep4.... I really congratulate with you!
You create so wonderful games!
Everything is done with passion... from animation to music, from modeling to textures (I really like the one of the fire!). Sometimes I stop gaming to watch how wonderful the assets are, how great camera angles are, or how nice you coloured the scene. I try to enjoy every little piece af work TT did, because every game is truly inspired. ;)
You can actually see the LOVE that the TT artisans put in their job.
When "The Bogey Man" started, i found myself to listen to the fantastic soundtrack (orchestral! better than the synth in TOMI!), and noticied that the meticolous attention to your games start from the original menu screens to the whole storytelling! I find myself pleased with perfect animation... and really surprised of how cinematic the game is!
Talking of gameplay... Again top notch... :) Everything is perfectly planned and nicely done....I found myself surprised for the Grand Finale: only TT can imagine a so strange but coherent, intelligent AND FUNNY sequence!
I think that the quality you offer is far superior to any other Adventure studio! The others simply cannot compete... I tried Secret Files, Vampire story, Still life, and dozen of other adventures...some of them are good, but in quality they can't stand with you! Just look at the character animation, at the facial expressions, at the focus and camera angles, at the zoom during the dialogues.... each time that Wallace or Gromit picks up an object there's an animation! The other adventures look "dead" compared to yours! Everything you do is top notch, and far over the standard.:)
I know, W&Gep4 it's buggy sometimes in some cinematics and polygons (I found previous TT games more well-refined technically, recent games are nicer to see but got some technical flaws here and there) but I hope that will be better in future games and that will be uploaded a newer version of W&Gep4 with no bug! :rolleyes:
BTW, you turned my boring afternoon into funny! Mission accomplished!:p
I really enjoy the work of any artist there at TT. :)
You are the best!:D

Comments

• edited August 2009
    i agree with most of what you said, but in a game so short, a game that reuses most of its animation and enviourments from other games, it feels like there shouldn't be any bugs, glitches or annoyances.
    In general, this was a great series.
    I love Mrs Gabberly and her husband. I love the soundtrack. I love how every single episode starts and ends with "GROMIT! DO SOMETHING!". The voice acting is top notch. The soundtrack is fitting and the animation is perfectly adjusted to the claymation world.
    But, the motions and expressions that Wallace and Gromit portray are very limited. It is especialy noticable in Gromit whose few animations are looped in every game. The cutscenes sometimess feel rich and they manage to suck you in (Last resort with the round table gathering, or the star-fish-shuriken!), but in other cases (especialy in "Bogy Man") they feel bland and cheap.

Quality is generaly very high but it is also in consistant. This game could have been a masterpiece like Sam and Max but it's not. It's charming and fun but it could have been more, much more.
  • edited August 2009
    Ophenix wrote: »
    But, the motions and expressions that Wallace and Gromit portray are very limited.

I don´t agree here, the original cartoons have a limited set of emotions as well, maybe a little bit more, but the original clay animations definitely are not masterpieces of emotion display as well, they just show enough to make a case. I think the computer animations from Telltale are very close to the clay ones, so close that it is almost eery.
  • edited August 2009
    werpu wrote: »
    I don´t agree here, the original cartoons have a limited set of emotions as well, maybe a little bit more, but the original clay animations definitely are not masterpieces of emotion display as well, they just show enough to make a case. I think the computer animations from Telltale are very close to the clay ones, so close that it is almost eery.

Yeah, Telltale spent a lot of time imitating the style of the clay animations and it looks really awesome.
  • edited August 2009
    Also, I think people underestimate the effort that had to go in making Gromit a playable character. Especially in situations where Wallace isn't around to 'explain' everything he's doing. With no dialog I never felt lost or unsure of what to do, in fact, I preferred the sequences playing as Gromit. Especially the longer ones.
  • edited August 2009
    werpu wrote: »

You couldn't be more wrong! Wallace and Gromit's facial expressions are nothing short of amazing, moreso Gromit considering he doesn't have a mouth! They are the pinnacle of "masterpieces of emotion display" in any form of animation.
  • edited August 2009
    You couldn't be more wrong! Wallace and Gromit's facial expressions are nothing short of amazing, moreso Gromit considering he doesn't have a mouth! They are the pinnacle of "masterpieces of emotion display" in any form of animation.

Gotta agree here, Gromit's subtle, understated expressions are some of the best moments in the Aardman cartoons. You always know what he's thinking and what he's trying to tell his master - who's obviously less adept at reading the expressions.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.