Is it just me?

Or were any of you a little disappointed by the ending of TWAU? I remember watching a playthrough when it first came out and I really enjoyed the game, to the point where it got me into the comic books series. I read the whole series over the past couple of years and even bought myself a few of the volumes. Now, going back to my experiences watching the game (and also picking up the comics they made for the game) I can't help but feel the ending, maybe even the whole premise of the game, just didn't feel as great of a story? Of course there were scenes I loved, even whole episodes that were great. But the story to me felt rushed, maybe? Awkward even? I felt like it just didn't make sense in some points, or that some parts were just not explained well enough (even in the comics, which shows more of the story than the game). I just felt that there could be more twists to the story at some points, but instead it just kept a more straightforward approach. But maybe it really is just me. Any thoughts, ideas, or questions?

Comments

• I love TWAU but in MY OPINION it could have been better. The first episode got me hooked; I had no idea about the Fables comic, so I was intrigued with the idea of using fairytale characters, not to mention the ending! I was shocked! I couldn't wait to play it! Episode 2 dragged. Felt kind of pointless, other than to introduce Georgie. The remaining episodes did feel rushed....And the ending of episode 5 pissed me off and I'll explain why:

The ending did no justice to the game itself or the characters involved. The meeting with the CM was fine; following Georgie back to the club, hearing his involvement with this entire operation, who Vivian was, etc was OK. I get it. But I would have appreciated more time during the 'trial', regardless of your choices. It would have been amazing to see Nerissa enter with Hans and maybe a few of the other girls; for dramatic effect and how you truly felt about Georgie, have Hans carry him in as well. Can you imagine how the other fables would feel? How the CM would react, hoping Georgie was gone and still thinking the girls could not speak? What Hans could say that would have made the ending that much more entertaining? Left us in a state of 'whoooooa....Wtf just happened!?' The trial itself would have been amazing, not to mention the choices!

Overall, the game was good but was it the BEST? Meh. It could have been better. I just felt like when the story had to be changed due to staying canon with the comic, it was rushed. I just wanted the ending to leave me speechless! Begging for more! If the wolf ever did receive a DLC, I'd like to see the baddies get their own say after the whole mess! Jersey, the Tweedle's, Mary, Georgie. Pretty cool. :)

• Honestly The Wolf Among Us is great but could have been better. It had a fantastic and interesting noir detective tone/universe to it that the graphic novels didn't and a really intriguing premise. But I think the massive rewrite really hurt the amount of potential that the game had.

I still love the game, it's my second favorite Telltale game as of right now, and I will always want a Season 2 but I agree that it could have and should have been much more than it was

• I agree with you completely man. I wish there was more of a "wow" factor to the end. It IS a murder mystery, after all. When you find out the bad guy too soon, you don't have as much anticipation in the end of it. I think the first episode was amazing and opened a door to something great, but the seasons following gently declined in quality, and some of them left me feeling like "Wow, that's it? Really?" At least the comic version of the game gives us an open-ended ending where you could possibly see more happening in the future.

pudding_pie posted: »

I love TWAU but in MY OPINION it could have been better. The first episode got me hooked; I had no idea about the Fables comic, so I was int

• Yeah, I agree. I still love the game as well, it was still a good game in my opinion, but I believe it's potential was snuffed out due to how it was released and like you said, how the rewrite probably affected it. My favorite games from Telltale are the Walking Dead, but even they have some ups and downs with their story line too. I hope if they do make a season 2 for TWAU, it somehow ends up tying with the very beginning of the comic book series or something, or at least explores some characters who die and don't get much of a back story in the comics as they could have had. Plus, we have plenty of characters from the first season to explore further as well :)

Honestly The Wolf Among Us is great but could have been better. It had a fantastic and interesting noir detective tone/universe to it that t

• edited December 2016

I agree 100% with all you said. Like how cliché. The pimp did it? Seriously? It would have been cool to know the killer was Jersey or Bloody Mary or even Grendel. You know? Someone we didn't see coming.

BTW I love your icon! Grendel rocks!!

I love TWAU but in MY OPINION it could have been better. The first episode got me hooked; I had no idea about the Fables comic, so I was int

• Exactly. Gren, Holly, The Woodsman, etc. These characters aren't in the graphic novels and Telltale could do so much with them and provide an actual explanation for why we don't see them in the comics. There's so much to do, I really wish Telltale had taken advantage of it.

EMMYPESS posted: »

Yeah, I agree. I still love the game as well, it was still a good game in my opinion, but I believe it's potential was snuffed out due to ho

• I agree that after an incredible first episode, the rest of the series did have it's flaws... The fact that it had to be rewritten is really bad on TellTale's part, they should've done more research :/

Episode's 2 and 4 are my least favorite. 3 was actually pretty good with the whole Crane situation, and of course the reveal of Bloody Mary was top notch! And Ep.5 gave us a hell of a final fight with Mary, and a cliffhanger ending that needs to be explored.

IMO, this game is one of Telltale's finest, alongside TWD S1. It got me hooked onto an awesome comic book (and made me a fanfic writer also)

• Having it rewritten did indeed create some issues later on down the line.

3 did have its moments but tbh, the whole Bloody Mary fight was overhyped and it wasn't that 'badass' as people claimed it. Yes, seeing Bigby in his wolf form was cool but it could have been better? How? Not sure, tbh but I've had so called 'boss battles' and this one was easily forgotten with me....but each to their own. :)

It was overall a decent game. But all games have some sort of flaw, I suppose.

HazzatheMan posted: »

I agree that after an incredible first episode, the rest of the series did have it's flaws... The fact that it had to be rewritten is really

• THANK YOU! I thought the BM fight was okay. People made it sound like it was this amazing, well put together moment for this game! I thought that could have been better as well. I mean, I'm no game designer but still!

I had fun with TWAU but-I know I'm going to get hell for this-was not my favorite game. I'm sorry. Could have been better. BTW, @pudding_pie I loved your recent chapter on DA! Amazing!! :D

Having it rewritten did indeed create some issues later on down the line. 3 did have its moments but tbh, the whole Bloody Mary fight was

• I see what you mean. The fight wasn't as grandiose as we all thought it would be, but the Episode was kinda short overall...

Having it rewritten did indeed create some issues later on down the line. 3 did have its moments but tbh, the whole Bloody Mary fight was

• On my copy of wolf among us, the ending was so messed up I had to watch it on youtube. They forgot to put in parts of the audio and then the audio wouldn't match up with Nerissa and Bigby's mouth the few times it did play. Complained to telltale, did no good. Nothing was done. This issue happened with many people.

That really says a lot about a company trying to rush to get their game done.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.